General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | [10] | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User R0NSKI
(regular) Wed 21-Mar-12 10:51:06
Print Post

Re: FTTC South East Kent

[re: kernow76] [link to this post]

Thanks, I'll add that to my map, although could do with confirming that it is indeed P2

The cabinet and your postcode are scheduled, but as the poster says above keep an eye on Elgin and you can then find out when it's being installed.

Somebody said they will enable the exchange when at least 10 cabinets are ready to go, well there's over 10 cabinets installed in Ramsgate, but I don't know if these are ready. I saw what could of been fibre being pulled up the High Street last Thursday so they may not all be connected yet.

Standard User Daemos
(newbie) Wed 21-Mar-12 18:56:44
Print Post

[re: R0NSKI] [link to this post]

Had occasion to call into the chemists (next door to the Montefiore Medical Centre on Dumpton Park Drive ) so I walked down the road to the junction with Thanet road (NDRAM 17 ). There is no new cabinet - just the old rusty one with "17" sprayed in paint on it. There are no markings on the ground. Had a look around the corner - Thanet Road - so sign of a cab.

Nothing yet on Elgin

Hope this helps with the map.
Standard User R0NSKI
(regular) Wed 21-Mar-12 20:29:28
Print Post

[re: Daemos] [link to this post]

Thanks for the info Daemos.

I was out tonight and spotted one at the Broadstairs end of Dumpton Park Drive, P7, when I plotted the postcodes covered by this cabinet it showed one in Ramsgate (CT118AE), now this is 1.3 miles away from the cabinet and way out on it's own from the other postcodes served by that cabinet. This postcode is also served by the Ramsgate P17 (85% of the lines), the other 14% being from the Broadstairs P7 cabinet, very strange???

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User kernow76
(newbie) Thu 22-Mar-12 00:49:39
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

Thanks, P2 (no markings on current cab but I'm pretty sure thats the right ref no) will be done 04-12/4/12.
Standard User R0NSKI
(regular) Thu 22-Mar-12 08:47:25
Print Post

[re: kernow76] [link to this post]

Thanks, your post promted me to check Elgin again, although I have an email alert setup I had not received one regarding the cabinet on Boundary Rd.

So I've setup another alert and rechecked current and future BT works and have added/updated quite a few cabinets this morning.

Standard User Cstark
(newbie) Thu 22-Mar-12 10:21:38
Print Post

Any ideas when the cab (not sure on number) CT12 6FD (Manston Road) Will be done?

Looked at the google maps, and there's one on Manston Road, but I'm further up near Tesco (new estate).

Thanks

Edited by Cstark (Thu 22-Mar-12 10:23:12)

Standard User R0NSKI
(regular) Thu 22-Mar-12 13:21:23
Print Post

[re: Cstark] [link to this post]

Sorry, there's nothing in the December spreadsheet for that postcode, which means it wasn't scheduled when the December spreadsheet was leaked.

Someone else may be able to give you some further advice, there were some other spreadsheets about but the December one had all the postcodes that were scheduled then and I've not heard of a newer spreadsheet on the forums.

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Thu 22-Mar-12 13:24:12
Print Post

Thanks, your post promted me to check Elgin again, although I have an email alert setup I had not received one regarding the cabinet on Boundary Rd.

So I've setup another alert and rechecked current and future BT works and have added/updated quite a few cabinets this morning.

They don't send emails out when planned works show up, they only send out emails the morning those works START.

I found it was easier to just check the map on Elgin every day for new BT works.
Standard User Daemos
(newbie) Thu 22-Mar-12 18:02:18
Print Post

I was out tonight and spotted one at the Broadstairs end of Dumpton Park Drive, P7, ...............

Ronski at a guess I would say that the broadstairs ones are the Medical centre and that the houses that pre existed the Medical centre being built are the ones on P17. Possibly there were not enough lines on P17 for the Medical centre and they ran a new cable to wherever they could find enough lines. A theory - nothing to back it up.
Standard User R0NSKI
(regular) Thu 22-Mar-12 19:59:48
Print Post

[re: Daemos] [link to this post]

The Montefiore Medical Centre is on Ramsgate P17, got to be some weird reason, I did think it could be an error in the data but with two cabinets adding up to 99% of lines for that postcode the total seems correct, unless of course the wrong cabinet has been assigned to the 14% of lines, so could just be a data error, as there other cabinets closer which would be on the Ramsgate exchange.

Anyway, Thursday night again so been playing Taxi for my daughters and took different routes this week and spotted a lot more FTTC cabinets and some numbers for previously unknown cabinets, so I'm going to update the map.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | [10] | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to