General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | [11] | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User R0NSKI
(regular) Fri 23-Mar-12 15:46:03
Print Post

Re: FTTC South East Kent

[re: R0NSKI] [link to this post]

My mate who jogs around Broadstairs has seen quite bit of BT activity at previously installed cabinets, he said they we're working on both the old cabinet and the FTTC cabinets. This was at three different locations, hopefully the switch on is getting nearer.

Standard User iangilf
(newbie) Fri 23-Mar-12 18:44:48
Print Post

hopefully mate weve just had our one installed now down the road by green lane all barriers removed and hole filled in and on talktalk website it says in july ill be able to get fibre broadband so bt should be sooner as it takes talktalk 2 months after bt have been there so fingers crossed anytime now
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Fri 23-Mar-12 21:08:53
Print Post

[re: iangilf] [link to this post]

Streetview shows cabinet installation in progress in George Hill Road / Kingsgate Avenue!!!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User R0NSKI
(regular) Fri 23-Mar-12 22:54:43
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

Err, no it's actually a notice board - move back and forward past the cabinet and you get pictures from two different times. I wondered what it was when I saw that on street view, knew it couldn't be a cabinet because street view pictures are about two years old.

Standard User R0NSKI
(regular) Sun 25-Mar-12 09:25:02
Print Post

I notice this morning on Elgin there are a lot of
Excavate to lay electric duct and joint hole. Ukpn jointing team to execute jointing works.
at sites of installed FTTC cabinets, although the date is 04/04/2012 to 12/04/2012 (estimated)

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Sun 25-Mar-12 18:42:17
Print Post

Does it look like Kingsgate won't included in the upgrade? It certainly seems so from the map you have prepared. What a shame frown painfully slow broadband here
Standard User R0NSKI
(regular) Sun 25-Mar-12 20:09:41
Print Post

Kingsgate is included in the FTTC upgrade, the Fayreness Hotel (CT10 3LG) is on cabinet 1, and has an uplift of 65.96 times the estimated current ADSL speed. A friend of a friend lives in Maple Close, and her cabinet was also scheduled.

Unfortunately at the moment I don't know the cabinet numbers of the ones I've found in Kingsgate. I don't get over that way, my mate who jogs past that way told me where the cabinets were, but not any numbers, and he's not reported seeing any FTTC cabinets.

I suspect they will be amongst the last to go in when doing Broadstairs, due to the distance there's greater chance of BT's ducts being blocked. BT were clearing some ducts on Beacon Road recently, if I remember correctly.

CT9 3TS, which is on the little industrial estate by Maple Close, is on Margate P20, their uplift is 148.33 times!

Edit: Just tried quite a few postcodes for Botany Road, and none of them come up on the spread sheet, Maple close, which is off Botany Rd is on cabinet P1, seems they've missed Botany Rd for some reason, everything either side seems to be getting FTTC

Edited by R0NSKI (Sun 25-Mar-12 20:22:49)

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Sun 25-Mar-12 21:09:45
Print Post

It seems I spoke to soon then - thank you that was very informative! I guess it's just a matter of playing the waiting game! I have to say I think this is really good for Thanet. We always seem to miss out what with poor TV reception etc. Really good news that we will be amongst the first to receive superfast broadband.
Standard User R0NSKI
(regular) Mon 26-Mar-12 08:21:33
Print Post

I hope your not in Botany Rd - don't know if you saw my edit.

FTTC has been around for about 1 to 2 years so we're certainly not amongst the first, but at least we're not the last.

Standard User iangilf
(newbie) Tue 27-Mar-12 10:36:59
Print Post

any ideas when we will go live in broadstairs?
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | [11] | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to