General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | [12] | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User R0NSKI
(regular) Tue 27-Mar-12 13:28:03
Print Post

Re: FTTC South East Kent

[re: iangilf] [link to this post]

No idea, I would of said soon, but this is BT.

Superfast where and when still shows March, so at least the date hasn't slipped like Sandwich.

Interestingly when I put my home number in the BT checker it says nothing about FTTC, but my Sandwich work's number does and says June IIRC.

Ramsgate seems to have more cabinets installed than Broadstairs, but no idea if they are cabled and powered up.

Have noticed on Elgin that some Broadstairs cabinets are scheduled to have power installed first two week's of April. Previous cabinet works listed on Elgin implied the power was installed the same time as the cabinet.

So it's just a waiting game.

Standard User iangilf
(newbie) Tue 27-Mar-12 14:28:02
Print Post

[re: R0NSKI] [link to this post]

ok m8 thanks the one by wasnt installed next to the old cab it was moved around the corner into harrowdene road i wonder why they had to do that could u shed some light on this or wouldnt u know?
Standard User R0NSKI
(regular) Tue 27-Mar-12 15:37:50
Print Post

I've no idea, but loads of them aren't installed next to the cabinets, quite a few are even the other side of the road.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User iangilf
(newbie) Tue 27-Mar-12 17:03:44
Print Post

ok ta
Standard User ccxo
(committed) Tue 27-Mar-12 17:43:19
Print Post

Mainly its a better location to install the cab, more room on the pavement etc.

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User andrewdb
(committed) Tue 27-Mar-12 18:49:35
Print Post

[re: ccxo] [link to this post]

No progress seems to have been made with FTTP in my part of Westgate from what i can tell. I'm doubtful they will do anything until FTTC is up and running across Thanet.
Standard User Yaz
(experienced) Tue 27-Mar-12 20:10:32
Print Post

In reply to a post by R0NSKI:
Have noticed on Elgin that some Broadstairs cabinets are scheduled to have power installed first two week's of April. Previous cabinet works listed on Elgin implied the power was installed the same time as the cabinet.

So it's just a waiting game.

Yup.

I can't say much but the above is not an isolated case.

vFast Ltd
Downstream ~24336.33 kbit/s - ~2970.74 KB/s
Upstream ~10224.86 kbit/s - ~1248.15 KB/s
Standard User R0NSKI
(regular) Fri 30-Mar-12 08:01:14
Print Post

In reply to a post by iangilf:
any ideas when we will go live in broadstairs?

I'm seeing a lot of duct's being installed around Broadstairs/Ramsgate, also an increase of duct blockages being cleared. As well as actually seeing these works being carried out there's a lot showing on the Elgin/roadworks.org website.

I don't think they've actually installed the fibre from the exchanges yet, so with the flurry of power connections scheduled for the first two weeks of April and the duct repairs, I reckon it won't go live until the latter part of April at the earliest.

Standard User martyn
(committed) Fri 30-Mar-12 16:37:17
Print Post

I see all 3 exchanges in Thanet have slipped to June 2012

http://www.superfast-openreach.co.uk/where-and-when/
Standard User R0NSKI
(regular) Fri 30-Mar-12 19:46:26
Print Post

[re: martyn] [link to this post]

That doesn't surprise me, they just aren't ready. As I posted above I realistically think it could be the end of April, although once ducts are cleared they still need to install the tube and blow the fibre through.

I think I did see them installing the tube/pipe for the fibre in Ramsgate High Street a few weeks ago, but it could of been for something else all together.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | [12] | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to