General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | [13] | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User R0NSKI
(regular) Sun 01-Apr-12 16:51:08
Print Post

Re: FTTC South East Kent

[re: Cstark] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Cstark:
Any ideas when the cab (not sure on number) CT12 6FD (Manston Road) Will be done?

Looked at the google maps, and there's one on Manston Road, but I'm further up near Tesco (new estate).

Thanks

I've imported the complete December leaked set of data into my database, your postcode is on cabinet 25.

The strange thing is cabinet 25 covers the following postcodes CT126AT, CT126PQ, CT110PJ, CT110AF, CT126PP, CT126AZ, CT126FD, CT118PL & CT126AY which are spread around Ramsgate, seems very odd that it covers such a wide area, and I wonder if this is correct?

Standard User R0NSKI
(member) Sun 15-Apr-12 20:32:39
Print Post

[re: R0NSKI] [link to this post]

I've been on holiday for a week, went out for a walk to Broadstairs yesterday and noticed quite a few PCP cabinets had been re-shelled, mine included. Also noticed that quite a few BT man holes covers look like they've been lifted recently - don't know if they've blown the fibre through or not.

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Sun 15-Apr-12 23:33:38
Print Post

who knows m8 but the due date on the websites are june / july for us to be able to order fibre so its a while away yet which is frustrating

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Yaz
(experienced) Mon 16-Apr-12 02:14:49
Print Post

Lots of additional works still due for various reasons. Ah the fun with the ongoing works frown.

vFast Ltd
Downstream ~24336.33 kbit/s - ~2970.74 KB/s
Upstream ~10224.86 kbit/s - ~1248.15 KB/s
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Mon 16-Apr-12 09:10:47
Print Post

[re: Yaz] [link to this post]

like what yaz?
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Mon 16-Apr-12 21:13:58
Print Post

I take it its not looking good for botany road? sadly we struggle to get 1.5 meg - I know people in this road who get less than 50k... tbh its amazing that we connect at all considering our attenuation is 65+ so you can imagine how bad it/slow our broadband is!
if we are not on the list is there anything we can do? we really need some broadband love for once!! =D
Standard User Yaz
(experienced) Mon 16-Apr-12 22:03:54
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

Power connections (for one example) have not been carried out at a lot of the cabís. This was supposed to have been done at the same time as the cab installation but didn't happen in a large number of cases.

I can't really say anything more than that. Keep an eye on the www.roadworks.org site (not the Beta version *spit*) for the Streetworks permits.

vFast Ltd
Downstream ~24336.33 kbit/s - ~2970.74 KB/s
Upstream ~10224.86 kbit/s - ~1248.15 KB/s
Standard User R0NSKI
(member) Mon 16-Apr-12 23:06:40
Print Post

In reply to a post by Anonymous:
I take it its not looking good for botany road? sadly we struggle to get 1.5 meg - I know people in this road who get less than 50k... tbh its amazing that we connect at all considering our attenuation is 65+ so you can imagine how bad it/slow our broadband is!
if we are not on the list is there anything we can do? we really need some broadband love for once!! =D

It really surprised me when I discovered that Botany Road wasn't included, I have no idea why not, things may have changed since December (when the spreadsheet was leaked). Botany Rd is served from cabinet 21, which I believe is located at the top of your road. The area's either side of Bottany Rd are being done, so it's odd your not, and as you say the uplift in that area is very high, most around 65, but one postcode has a 144 x uplift figure!

As to what you can do, well the only thing I've seen suggested is to get everybody in the road to register their interest on the http://www.bt.com/infinity website regardless of whether they want it or not.

There is another option, and that is Vfast, they use Wi-fi and not your phone line, cost is not as cheap as normal braodband, but is comparable to FTTC costs. I have a friend who lives near Westwood Cross, but can't get broadband because his line is on the Manston exchange, and he has been with Vfast for years now.

Edited by R0NSKI (Mon 16-Apr-12 23:09:56)

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Mon 16-Apr-12 23:21:00
Print Post

Many thanks for your fast reply and detailed info, I have already registered on BT inf but as you sugggest I wiill see if i can get others to do the same.

I really hope they just left us of the list in december - fingers crossed tongue

again, many thanks!
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Tue 17-Apr-12 13:53:39
Print Post

Does anyone know if the Worth Village cabinet (on the Sandwich Exchange) is going to be upgraded to FTTC? The checker doesnt say, just wondered if anyone knew of any plans ? (Sandwich date for enablement is 30th June 2012)

The existing cabinet has a number 7 on it.

Already registered my interest on the link provided above.

Thanks.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | [13] | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to