General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | [16] | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User R0NSKI
(member) Mon 23-Apr-12 19:59:26
Print Post

Re: FTTC South East Kent

[re: rjh321] [link to this post]

Your a star, thanks for the updates and confirming the numbers.

P8 was scheduled to be done at the end of March on roadworks.org, but it's been a building site for sometime now so as you say they may well not have done it.

In reply to a post by rjh321:
Oops, sorry. Should have noticed the mast! I'll be more careful in future....

Not a problem, I had one marked on the map for a while until I realised.

Just noticed that the one I was trying to find, in CT12 6AT, is given in the December spreadsheet as cabinet P3, not P20, as you say.

That postcode is also served by cabinet P20, the version of the spreadsheet your looking at only has cabinets which are scheduled to be done. I've got the full version which came in two sections, which I imported into a database. Someone removed all the cabinets which were not being done so it would fit into a single spreadsheet.

I wonder if those remaining cabinets in Ramsgate are erroneous data, take P20, there's only one record in the entire database, and that shows it supplying just 6% of the lines to CT12 6AT. Or put another way just one line, presuming all 15 properties for that postcode have phones.

But then surely P20 should exist somewhere, so has it's lines been incorrectly assigned to another cabinet?? After all I do have what appear to be BT cabinets, but with no numbers for them.

Edited by R0NSKI (Mon 23-Apr-12 20:02:01)

Standard User rjh321
(learned) Thu 26-Apr-12 20:50:55
Print Post

[re: R0NSKI] [link to this post]

As it wasn't raining today, I've been very busy. I visited all the Margate cabinets that I hadn't visited previously, mostly by walking. So, my feet hurt (!) and Ronski, there's a lot of data. How would you like it?
It's interesting that BT/Openreach have now provided an FTTC cabinet for practically everyone. There are also quite a few reshells taking place. Unfortunately the reshelled cabinets don't have numbers.
I did find one new cabinet which has no number. If you look on the map for Trinity Square on the B2055 and you stand in between "Trinity" and "Square" looking towards Homefern House, you should see it. I couldn't tell if it's really a BT cabinet or not.
Also one cabinet has the wrong number. That's the one you deduced as 1, which is actually 17. The one you deduced as 17 has no number and no BT indication. I don't know where the real number 1 is but there's a strange small black one with "T" on the front almost opposite 17 in Love Lane.

My Broadband Speed Test

Looking forward to a speed increase!
Standard User R0NSKI
(member) Thu 26-Apr-12 23:13:51
Print Post

[re: rjh321] [link to this post]

That's great, hope your feet feel better now, was a nice day for a walk once the sun came out.

I think the one you found ( http://g.co/maps/ktuv7 ) is P1, post code data matches ( http://batchgeo.com/map/d3c0d9923a972159955dd7969278... ), and also the data for the correct 17 matches, and makes more sense, cabinet is now on the exchange side of the postcodes.

Not sure what that black box is ( http://g.co/maps/s6sr3 ), does look a bit like a BT cabinet but not sure.

I'll PM you my email address if that will make it easier to send me the info, look for the flashing icon at the top of the page next to forum index I think.

Thanks very much for your efforts.

I think we are getting closer, lots of Ramsgate cabinets scheduled for power connections, didn't get time to check all of Thanet this morning on the roadworks website.

PS. None of the yellow ones left in Ramsgate appear to have been done, although they did appear scheduled on the Road works site, don't know what's holding them up. Checked for planning applications as they may be in a conservation area, but nothing there either.

Edited by R0NSKI (Thu 26-Apr-12 23:21:31)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Mon 30-Apr-12 22:02:37
Print Post

For those of us in Sandwich; looks like UK power networks will be 'plugging in' the cabinets very soon! (according to roadworks.org)
Standard User R0NSKI
(member) Tue 08-May-12 11:32:21
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

Looks like Dover has gone live according to the Twitter News Feed, link in my signature.

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Tue 08-May-12 15:23:07
Print Post

thanet wont go live for a while as theyve cocked it up due to not connecting the power to the cabs as yet dam madness if u ask me they are forever digging up the pavements and resufacing and digging them up again look at broadstairs by the broadway outside the garage its all been opened up again barriers around it and noone working on it total disaster
Standard User R0NSKI
(member) Tue 08-May-12 15:37:18
Print Post

Yeah, loads showing on Elgin as power connection in progress, and I've seen a fair few dug up again. Seems a right waste of money and resources.

Don't even know if the fibres been installed yet, I've seen an increase in blocked ducts work in Margate.

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Tue 08-May-12 15:40:48
Print Post

total mess m8 , samknows says the 30th june
Standard User R0NSKI
(member) Tue 08-May-12 15:44:39
Print Post

That's just a place holder date, it could be before then, then again it could well slip again, it was March.....

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Fri 18-May-12 13:40:24
Print Post

any news on broadstairs when we will go live this is beginning to become a pisstake lol
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | [16] | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to