General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | [17] | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User R0NSKI
(member) Sat 19-May-12 08:19:57
Print Post

Re: FTTC South East Kent

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Anonymous:
any news on broadstairs when we will go live this is beginning to become a pisstake lol

It is just a bit, no solid news yet, but nearly all scheduled cabinets are now in and I think the majority have power connected, but I don't think they've laid the fibre yet, at least I haven't seen any being laid.

Standard User R0NSKI
(member) Tue 22-May-12 19:53:52
Print Post

[re: R0NSKI] [link to this post]

Update on Thanet.

Checking roadworks.org tonight shows more works which look like they could be FTTC installations scheduled over the next 2 to 3 weeks. I've updated the map to show these with yellow push pins. There's still quite a few duct replacements and clearances scheduled as well.

This leaves just three scheduled cabinets to be done, possibly four. I'm not sure if NDRAM 38 at the junction of Abbots Hill & Camden Road Ramsgate has been done, it's not by the cabinet, only place I can think it may be is at the bottom of the steps in King Street, but haven't had chance to get down there to look.

The other three which haven't been done yet and don't appear to be scheduled are the one just up from the Viking Ship (NDRAM 21), the one in Cavendish Street (NDRAM 41) and the one on Margate sea front at the end of All Saints Avenue (NDTHA 8) which is currently a building site.

The other strange thing I've noticed is that a lot of cabinets seem scheduled yet again for power connections, the one in Northwood Rd was dug up a week or two ago, and has now been dug up again, so that's three times in total!

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Tue 22-May-12 22:04:47
Print Post

god these cowboys are useless

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User martyn
(committed) Sat 26-May-12 01:14:51
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

I see some postcodes on the Thanet exchange are accepting orders on the BT Infinity website smile

Mine isn't yet even though it was one of the 1st cabs placed frown
Standard User rjh321
(learned) Sat 26-May-12 07:56:00
Print Post

[re: martyn] [link to this post]

Wow! At last. Unfortunately I can't order fibre yet. Any idea which postcodes can place an order?

My Broadband Speed Test

Looking forward to a speed increase!
Standard User martyn
(committed) Sat 26-May-12 09:54:06
Print Post

[re: rjh321] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by rjh321:
Wow! At last. Unfortunately I can't order fibre yet. Any idea which postcodes can place an order?

I just checked a few shops. Holly Lane chippie, Dane Valley newsagents, Vera's newsagents, opposite the Tesco's, Northdown Road.

Then I got bored and sulked smile

Edited by martyn (Sat 26-May-12 10:22:34)

Standard User R0NSKI
(member) Sun 27-May-12 08:24:15
Print Post

I've just check some and these appear to be live:

{NDTHA}{P2}
{NDTHA}{P7}
{NDTHA{P9}
{NDTHA{15}
{NDTHA}{P16}
{NDTHA}{P30}

Haven't got time to check any others, don't think mine will be live for a while, there's still new ducting scheduled on Bromstone/Rumfields Rd.

PS The ones above seem to form a natural leg along here http://goo.gl/maps/CO49

Edited by R0NSKI (Sun 27-May-12 18:19:39)

Standard User martyn
(committed) Sun 27-May-12 10:58:00
Print Post

Think it is like a big loop. Along Dane Rd to the Dane Valley estate up to Holly Lane Shops and all along Northdown Road. Everything inside that loop. Could be wrong but that what it looks like to me.
Standard User R0NSKI
(member) Sun 27-May-12 14:25:53
Print Post

Not sure quite what's going on, normal BT incompetence I guess, but just checked some others:

1 CT93LR on NDTHA 15 says they can get FTTC whilst 10 CT93TN on the same cabinet says no, they are only 1km away, but it may be a distance thing, 1km should really be ok. Unless of course the line takes an obscure route.

Guess I'll have to use a postcode close to the cabinet when checking.

Standard User martyn
(committed) Sun 27-May-12 15:24:25
Print Post

TalkTalk checker says 10 CT93TN can get it, so as you say probably BT checker not up to date.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | [17] | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to