General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | [18] | 19 | 20 | 21 | (show all)   Print Thread
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Wed 06-Jun-12 20:43:32
Print Post

Re: FTTC South East Kent

[re: martyn] [link to this post]

any news on broadstairs / st peters yet ?
Standard User martyn
(committed) Thu 07-Jun-12 11:27:14
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

Don't know. Thanet and Ramsgate have both been updated to taking orders but I can't yet. It looks like only a few cabs are enabled on the Thanet exchange, so even when the exchange is enabled could still be a long wait.
I have only checked a couple of postcodes on the Ramsgate exchange and can't order on them.
I would think Broadstairs would be enabled soon and then Openreach will probably sod off and leave the rest of us to wait ages, or if ever, to be enabled. frown
Standard User R0NSKI
(member) Thu 07-Jun-12 15:14:27
Print Post

I've been away all week, I'll check some cabinets/addresses when I'm back tomorrow.

Hopefully there's been some progress whilst I've been away.

Just noticed on Twitter that Deal and Hythe have also gone live.

Edited by R0NSKI (Thu 07-Jun-12 15:45:41)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Fri 08-Jun-12 05:21:26
Print Post

[re: R0NSKI] [link to this post]

i see ramsgate and margate are now accepting orders but broadstairs isnt frown
Standard User rjh321
(learned) Fri 08-Jun-12 08:55:17
Print Post

I've asked Plusnet to accept an order for Fibre, although my cabinet (on the Thanet exchange) doesn't seem ready yet. I'll report back when they reply.

Reply received - as I expected they can't take my order as the cabinet isn't ready and there's no timescale for it to be ready....

My Broadband Speed Test

Looking forward to a speed increase!

Edited by rjh321 (Fri 08-Jun-12 13:24:08)

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Fri 08-Jun-12 15:25:08
Print Post

[re: rjh321] [link to this post]

it will be bt first in the exchange so plusnet talktalk and sky will have to wait have u tried bt checker?
and its only ramsgate and margate that are accepting orders
Standard User R0NSKI
(member) Fri 08-Jun-12 16:59:23
Print Post

In reply to a post by Anonymous:
it will be bt first in the exchange so plusnet talktalk and sky will have to wait have u tried bt checker?
and its only ramsgate and margate that are accepting orders

Being BT has nothing to do with it, as far as I'm aware it's only Sky* that will have to wait as they need to install some of their own equipment. Once your cabinets live you should be able to order FTTC through your ISP, presuming they offer it.

*Not sure if other LLU ISP's will need their own equipment.

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Fri 08-Jun-12 17:03:56
Print Post

[re: R0NSKI] [link to this post]

exactly im saying u will more han likely be able to order threw bt rather than ur own isp at the minute as it takes a few weeks b4 other isps get the abbility to install there own hardware for you to order threw any other isp other than bt for te time being i have spoke to talktalk and they told me it takes a few weeks after the exchange has gone live b4 they are able to install there own hardware
Standard User R0NSKI
(member) Fri 08-Jun-12 17:07:59
Print Post

[re: martyn] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by martyn:
Don't know. Thanet and Ramsgate have both been updated to taking orders but I can't yet. It looks like only a few cabs are enabled on the Thanet exchange, so even when the exchange is enabled could still be a long wait.
I have only checked a couple of postcodes on the Ramsgate exchange and can't order on them.
I would think Broadstairs would be enabled soon and then Openreach will probably sod off and leave the rest of us to wait ages, or if ever, to be enabled. frown

You need to check postcode and address, and preferably an address next to the cabinet, and 100% of lines in that postcode should be supplied by the cabinet you want to check, otherwise you may check an address for a different cabinet.

Check 14 Ramsgate ones this afternoon, these are accepting orders:

NDRAM23
NDRAM33
NDRAM34
NDRAM50
NDRAM51

and these are the others I've checked, which aren't yet.

NDRAM2
NDRAM16
NDRAM17
NDRAM30
NDRAM31
NDRAM32
NDRAM36
NDRAM37
NDRAM39

I've updated the map accordingly.

Looks like they enable just five cabs first of all, as thats what was done in Margate, haven't checked to see if anymore in Margate are live yet. Checked a few in Broadstairs but nothing yet.

Standard User R0NSKI
(member) Fri 08-Jun-12 17:11:05
Print Post

In reply to a post by Anonymous:
exactly im saying u will more han likely be able to order threw bt rather than ur own isp at the minute as it takes a few weeks b4 other isps get the abbility to install there own hardware for you to order threw any other isp other than bt for te time being i have spoke to talktalk and they told me it takes a few weeks after the exchange has gone live b4 they are able to install there own hardware

TalkTalk are LLU (Local Loop Unbundled) so that makes sense, but the likes of Plus Net and many others are not, any ISP that completely uses BT infrastructure should be able to take orders from the time the cab goes live.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | [18] | 19 | 20 | 21 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to