General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | [19] | 20 | 21 | (show all)   Print Thread
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Fri 08-Jun-12 17:29:32
Print Post

Re: FTTC South East Kent

[re: R0NSKI] [link to this post]

ok mate
Standard User martyn
(committed) Fri 08-Jun-12 21:13:06
Print Post

In reply to a post by R0NSKI:
In reply to a post by Anonymous:
exactly im saying u will more han likely be able to order threw bt rather than ur own isp at the minute as it takes a few weeks b4 other isps get the abbility to install there own hardware for you to order threw any other isp other than bt for te time being i have spoke to talktalk and they told me it takes a few weeks after the exchange has gone live b4 they are able to install there own hardware

TalkTalk are LLU (Local Loop Unbundled) so that makes sense, but the likes of Plus Net and many others are not, any ISP that completely uses BT infrastructure should be able to take orders from the time the cab goes live.

When I checked the day the Thanet exchange went live, you could order BT, TalkTalk and Sky fibre at least. So should give a good choice when the cabs do go live.

Great work on that Google map Ronski, must take a lot of effort, much appreciated smile
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Fri 08-Jun-12 21:17:19
Print Post

[re: martyn] [link to this post]

there still clearing blockages in ducts where i live in st peters [censored] taking forever

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User R0NSKI
(member) Fri 08-Jun-12 22:29:48
Print Post

[re: martyn] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by martyn:
Great work on that Google map Ronski, must take a lot of effort, much appreciated smile

Thanks, but it's not been too bad, and I've had a lot of help from rjh321 with Margate, so I can't take all the credit.

Checking which cabinets have been enabled is a bit time consuming, as I have to get a house number and post code to feed into the checker for each cabinet, but I'm storing these in my database so it makes it easier to recheck them.

there still clearing blockages in ducts where i live in st peters [censored] taking forever

Still quite a few ducts around Broadstairs, and some in Ramsgate as well. They've worked their way down Bromstone Rd, and Rumfields Rd past my cabinet (18) and are now going past St Georges School with new ducts I guess heading towards 31 at the end of Poor Hole Lane.

Standard User rjh321
(learned) Sat 09-Jun-12 08:26:26
Print Post

Thanks for the credit, Ronski, but all I've done is walk around Margate checking cabinets. You've done all the map creation/updating work plus a lot more background work that I can't imagine.

Anyway, some people seem to be under the illusion that the Margate and Thanet exchanges are different. That's not true. For some reason, the Margate exchange is called Thanet! Perhaps someone knows the history and can enlighten us all. The physical Thanet area includes Margate, Broadstairs and Ramsgate, but only Margate has a different exchange name.

My Broadband Speed Test

Looking forward to a speed increase!
Standard User R0NSKI
(member) Sat 09-Jun-12 19:23:00
Print Post

[re: rjh321] [link to this post]

Just an update, I've now checked all Margate cabinets, and the following are accepting orders:

NDTHA2
NDTHA4
NDTHA7
NDTHA9
NDTHA15
NDTHA16
NDTHA20
NDTHA28
NDTHA30
NDTHA42

The maps been updated, cabinets accepting orders are in purple, wish I'd not done them all green now, would of made sense to have them green when accepting orders, oh well, can't be bothered to change them all.

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Sat 09-Jun-12 19:28:11
Print Post

unreal these muppets have dug up by the broadstairs garage again thats the 4th time its been dug up [censored] is up with these do they not know there job ?
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Sat 09-Jun-12 19:35:50
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

dug up left and so on just dont understand it why do these people have to do it 4 times dig up re tarmac it and so on and now its left with guarding around it these people dont know what there doing and im sure they dont give a [censored] about it or this wouldnt of happened in the 1st place 1st of all they screwed up by not putting power to these cabs which is rediculus how can all this happen donyt these companies have method statements and so on ?
Standard User R0NSKI
(member) Sat 09-Jun-12 22:04:52
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

unreal these muppets have dug up by the broadstairs garage again thats the 4th time its been dug up [censored] is up with these do they not know there job ?

Calm down, it's not worth getting stressed over, these utilities companies of been wasting money like this for years, and no doubt will carry on doing so.

According to Roadworks.org they are now installing 14 meters of poly ducts in the footway.

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Fri 15-Jun-12 14:26:29
Print Post

I don't suppose there's any more news on NDTHA34? Desperate to get an order in smile
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | [19] | 20 | 21 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to