General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Tue 14-Feb-12 19:43:22
Print Post

Re: FTTC South East Kent

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

it won't be stuck on a pole it could be next to the pole -- cabs are floor standing and have to be in close proximity to the PCP they are asscated with
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Tue 14-Feb-12 19:47:03
Print Post

You can see the results if you view the map on ELGIN, and tick off 'Current works' and 'Planned works' they're not showing up for me under the 'Search' section yet.
Standard User Yaz
(experienced) Tue 14-Feb-12 23:44:39
Print Post

Why not register and be anony-less laugh

I'm heading out with a work colleague tomorrow to visit a few sites in progress.

vFast Ltd
Downstream ~24336.33 kbit/s - ~2970.74 KB/s
Upstream ~10224.86 kbit/s - ~1248.15 KB/s

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Wed 15-Feb-12 21:08:33
Print Post

[re: Yaz] [link to this post]

Pff, that would be the logical thing to do.

Who do you work for Yaz? If I may ask.

Also have cabinet installations began already in Sandwich, or are you referring to another area?

Cheers.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Wed 15-Feb-12 21:24:59
Print Post

When I said stuck to a pole i meant the planning paper in a laminated page. It refered to a new cabinet about a metre away from existing cabinet ,and the work done by open reach. (sandwich Firestation front area).
By viewing planning applications on the Dover council website it mentions three sites in Sandwich for additional cabinets. I would have thought a town the size of Sandwich would have had more. But I dont know how many people are served or how far away subscribers may be from a cabinet. I'm 400m away.So hoping to get a good speed. If my cabinet is fibred. Current speed is 4Mb which is good anyway.
Steve F.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Wed 15-Feb-12 22:26:58
Print Post

Hi Steve,

Judging by the results on ELGIN, it seems 5 cabinets are being installed. I believe there are about 8 cabinets in Sandwich altogether, so who knows when the remaining will be upgraded.
Standard User Yaz
(experienced) Wed 15-Feb-12 23:47:31
Print Post

I don't work for BT Openreach or any of its contractors. laugh

I didn't visit Sandwich today, just Deal and Dover areas.

vFast Ltd
Standard User Yaz
(experienced) Thu 16-Feb-12 00:03:34
Print Post

Stolen from TBB's page here:

"Openreach with its code powers does not need to always apply for planning permission when locating its cabinets for VDSL2. In areas such as nominated conservation areas, planning permission will be required."

As such, only those cabinets that have required planning permission will be listed on the Dover planning website.

Other sites can be found on the rollout list found on the forum. ELGIN is pretty much the last place to see where cabinets are going as it only relates to the Streetworks permit that is required to work on the highway.

vFast Ltd
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Fri 17-Feb-12 17:21:53
Print Post

[re: Yaz] [link to this post]

Openreach were doing work around a manhole cover at the end of Fordwich place today (in Sandwich), guessing they were feeding the fibre or something along those lines!
Standard User Yaz
(experienced) Fri 17-Feb-12 20:23:15
Print Post

Without checking the permit, there are lots of similar works for the area at the moment.

Some of the cabinets are planned to be installed between the end of Feb and early March.

UK Power Networks will then follow after this though there are no definite time frames for when this will happen.

vFast Ltd
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to