General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | [20] | 21 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User rjh321
(learned) Fri 15-Jun-12 15:10:50
Print Post

Re: FTTC South East Kent

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

Looks like NDTHA34 is still not operational. Same as mine (NDTHA31). They seem to have enabled 10 FTTC cabinets and then stopped!

As yours is the nearest cabinet to the exchange, you would think that it would be enabled early, but perhaps they think that you should have a good speed anyway.

My Broadband Speed Test

Looking forward to a speed increase!

Edited by rjh321 (Fri 15-Jun-12 15:14:38)

Standard User deejayviper
(newbie) Fri 15-Jun-12 15:45:24
Print Post

[re: rjh321] [link to this post]

I was Anon, in the above post.

It worries me that I might be connected straight to the exchange.... Do you know how that works? What distances are connected straight to?
Standard User ccxo
(committed) Fri 15-Jun-12 15:53:57
Print Post

[re: deejayviper] [link to this post]

Have you checked your postcode against the December 2011 spreadsheet, as it would say if you are either connected to the cab or on a excange only line.

If you post your postcode we can check for you.

If you are on a exchange only lines they can either be short distances or very long, openreach has plans for the exchange only lines but its believed this wont start till 2014 once the main rollout has finished-.

As they will likely be on infill in enabled areas, for the exchange only lines it will be a mix off installing FTTP for short exhange only lines or FTTC on long lines- either new cabinet or put the lines to a existing FTTC cab if its commerically viable.

My Broadband Speed Test

Edited by ccxo (Fri 15-Jun-12 15:54:28)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User deejayviper
(newbie) Fri 15-Jun-12 16:12:11
Print Post

[re: ccxo] [link to this post]

I've not checked, but only because I can't find the spreadsheet LOL. ANy chance of a link? Cheers
Standard User ccxo
(committed) Fri 15-Jun-12 17:06:42
Print Post

[re: deejayviper] [link to this post]

Have replied via pm- op is connected to pcp 34, 100% of the lines for their postcode.

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User R0NSKI
(member) Sat 16-Jun-12 18:16:01
Print Post

[re: ccxo] [link to this post]

All none live cabinets in Broadstairs, Ramsgate and Margate checked today, and found two new live cabinets in Ramsgate:

NDRAM 4
NDRAM 55

Total of 18 live and accepting orders across the 3 exchanges:

NDTHA 2
NDTHA 4
NDTHA 7
NDTHA 9
NDTHA 15
NDTHA 16
NDTHA 20
NDTHA 28
NDTHA 30
NDTHA 42

NDRAM 4
NDRAM 14
NDRAM 23
NDRAM 33
NDRAM 34
NDRAM 50
NDRAM 51
NDRAM 55

Edit: Forgot to add that I've noticed on Roadworks.org a lot of Ramsgate cabinets scheduled for additional earth rods over this weekend, and also another lot of blockage clearances.

Also only one cab left to go in in Broadstairs (unless it's already there), and thats at the top of Northdown Rd in St. Peters.

Edited by R0NSKI (Sat 16-Jun-12 18:20:45)

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Tue 19-Jun-12 09:42:27
Print Post

[re: rjh321] [link to this post]

after looking at your google map thing, which is very good I must say it appears that botany road is not going to get installed. When I saw the road works there last week and was hopeful it was bt however it looks like its the gas board re-plumbing something - so annoying! I take it there is no new rollout plans atm?
Standard User R0NSKI
(member) Tue 19-Jun-12 10:23:22
Print Post

Bottany Rd (NDBRO21) was not scheduled in the December list, I don't think this cabinet serves enough properties to make it cost effective.

There's another in Broadstairs NDBRO 5 which serves Salisbury Ave, Park Ave and a large chunk of Ramsgate Rd. Really can't understand why this one is not being done.

There are others, but these cover industrial estates or retail areas, or not enough properties like the one in. Stirling Way, by the Marlow school .

I know that NDBRO 5 was not in the April list, but forgot to ask about 21, I doubt it is.

I emailed Ian Livingston about both these and got a pretty standard non helpful reply.

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Wed 20-Jun-12 19:19:39
Print Post

[re: R0NSKI] [link to this post]

lmaooo now look it was meant to be june now look

Great news!

Fibre will be available in your area in
September 2012

this is one joke broadstairs and thanet are so behind the times its rediculous think im gonna stop bothering looking as its more frustrating everytime i look
Standard User R0NSKI
(member) Wed 20-Jun-12 19:39:54
Print Post

In reply to a post by Anonymous:
Fibre will be available in your area in September 2012

Not sure where you got that from Super Fast Where and When still states June for Broadstairs, as for Margate (Thanet) & Ramsgate they are accepting orders, and I really don't think Broadstairs is going to take much longer.

I noticed that there are loads of ducting road works in Broadstairs, with 174 meters scheduled for Bromstone/Rumfields Rd, that is the ducting to my cabinet (18), so I don't expect mine to be live until at least mid July - it'll probably go live whilst I'm on holiday!

PS It wouldn't surprise me if the where and when site showed September as we're so close to the end of the month, but that doesn't mean it won't be available before then.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | [20] | 21 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to