General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User martyn
(committed) Sat 18-Feb-12 00:05:42
Print Post

Re: FTTC South East Kent

[re: Yaz] [link to this post]

A lot of cabinets been added in the Thanet area by I think, Morrison Utility. Will they add the power at the same time or will UK Power Networks still have to do that?
Standard User Yaz
(experienced) Sat 18-Feb-12 16:04:44
Print Post

[re: martyn] [link to this post]

Only UK Power Networks can do the cable works. Morrison may do some of the ducting works at the time of installing the cab but they definitely won't be touching the electrical cables.

vFast Ltd
Downstream ~24336.33 kbit/s - ~2970.74 KB/s
Upstream ~10224.86 kbit/s - ~1248.15 KB/s

Edited by Yaz (Sat 18-Feb-12 16:05:14)

Standard User Daemos
(newbie) Mon 20-Feb-12 18:35:32
Print Post

Any info on the cab on Dumpton Park Drive ( at the corner with Thanet road) - just down from the Montefiore Medical Centre ?
I have looked at ELGIN and it is showing work for the Muir Road/Hereson Road cab but nothing else.

Thanks if you can help.

David

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User martyn
(committed) Mon 20-Feb-12 20:36:51
Print Post

[re: Daemos] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Daemos:
Any info on the cab on Dumpton Park Drive ( at the corner with Thanet road) - just down from the Montefiore Medical Centre ?
I have looked at ELGIN and it is showing work for the Muir Road/Hereson Road cab but nothing else.

Thanks if you can help.

David

NDRAM RAMSGATE CT118AD {NDRAM}{P17} 0 96% 3.66 8a Yes FTTC That's the one you are referring to.

NDRAM RAMSGATE CT118AD {NDRAM}{P4} 0 3% 4.05 8a Yes FTTC This could be yours if the postcode is the same as yours.
Standard User Daemos
(newbie) Tue 21-Feb-12 15:32:22
Print Post

Thanks for replying.

I am on the {NDRAM}{P17} 0 100% 3.66 phase 8a

The Muir Rd /Hereson Road is {NDRAM}{P4} it is also phase 8a. The 3% are two houses at the top of Muir Road whose phones go to the pole on Dumpton Park Drive. And they are only yards away from the cab at the other end of their road ! The Muiir Rd cab is due to be worked on next week. I will keep an eye on ELGIN but would appreciate it if you came across info.

Thanks David
Standard User Yaz
(experienced) Tue 21-Feb-12 21:25:07
Print Post

[re: Daemos] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Daemos:
Thanks for replying.

I am on the {NDRAM}{P17} 0 100% 3.66 phase 8a

The Muir Rd /Hereson Road is {NDRAM}{P4} it is also phase 8a. The 3% are two houses at the top of Muir Road whose phones go to the pole on Dumpton Park Drive. And they are only yards away from the cab at the other end of their road ! The Muiir Rd cab is due to be worked on next week. I will keep an eye on ELGIN but would appreciate it if you came across info.

Thanks David

Keep an eye on ELGIN.

If the cab is listed for rollout then Openreach will have to submit a streetworks permit for the cab in due course.

vFast Ltd
Standard User R0NSKI
(newbie) Wed 22-Feb-12 14:15:58
Print Post

In reply to a post by Yaz:
I don't work for BT Openreach or any of its contractors. laugh

I didn't visit Sandwich today, just Deal and Dover areas.

I wonder if it's Orbital Net??

I work in Sandwich, but live in Broadstairs (CT10 2NG), my cabinet put in an appearance recently (Corner of Rumfields Rd & The Maples), Sam Knows has an FTTC RFS date set for 01/03/2012. Does this mean it's most likely to be up and running on the 1st March, seeing as it's not an end of month date?

I've seen quite a few other cabinets appearing around Broadstairs and Ramsgate recently too. Getting quite excited as the only previous info I found pointed towards an autumn date, and I'm now looking forward to the faster upload speeds, not to mention the download speeds, but I already have a good speed there.
Standard User Yaz
(experienced) Wed 22-Feb-12 20:41:06
Print Post

[re: R0NSKI] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by R0NSKI:
I wonder if it's Orbital Net??

No.

No ISP or similar laugh.

I work in Sandwich, but live in Broadstairs (CT10 2NG), my cabinet put in an appearance recently (Corner of Rumfields Rd & The Maples), Sam Knows has an FTTC RFS date set for 01/03/2012. Does this mean it's most likely to be up and running on the 1st March, seeing as it's not an end of month date?

I've seen quite a few other cabinets appearing around Broadstairs and Ramsgate recently too. Getting quite excited as the only previous info I found pointed towards an autumn date, and I'm now looking forward to the faster upload speeds, not to mention the download speeds, but I already have a good speed there.

I can't really comment on the RFS dates as that's info that I don't have or know. Best to run your number through the BT Wholesale checker to see what date it gives you. Dates will still vary (and the checker will jump around closer to the time) so it's best to check the Wholesale checker or contact your preferred ISP to see if you can place an order.
https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

Thanet is getting quite a few cab's in total (can't remember the exact figure). I'm not sure if there is supposed to be some rollout of FTTP in Westgate if I remember the Openreach list correctly.

vFast Ltd
Standard User andrewdb
(committed) Thu 23-Feb-12 22:56:06
Print Post

In reply to a post by Yaz:
Thanet is getting quite a few cab's in total (can't remember the exact figure). I'm not sure if there is supposed to be some rollout of FTTP in Westgate if I remember the Openreach list correctly.

Any more idea of when in Westgate? Was looking for a new ISP but i might hold fire or at least not get stuck in a 12month contract. All i know is Westgate is due to roll out fibre this year. Openreach indicates FTTC/FTTP.
Standard User R0NSKI
(newbie) Sat 25-Feb-12 08:20:38
Print Post

[re: andrewdb] [link to this post]

I've found information for Thanet here, all it says for Westgate is by the end of 2012.

Samknows just shows 2012, although it does show an ADSL2+ date of July, so that would give quicker speeds until FTTC arrives. Some ISP's will also uncap your upload speed, but you need to ask.

It may well get brought forward, a few weeks ago the only info I had found for Broadstairs was Autumn 2012, now it's showing as RFS set 1/03/2012, although BT Wholesale checker gives no information.

I've noticed quite a few new cabinets around Broadstairs/Ramsgate on my travels, one of them being mine.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to