General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | [6] | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User R0NSKI
(newbie) Tue 28-Feb-12 16:23:52
Print Post

Re: FTTC South East Kent

[re: iangilf] [link to this post]

If you do walk into the exchange, ask them when they are going to switch on P18 please smile

Your cabinet will be done, it's in the Spreadsheet, so it's just a matter of when, but it should be soon.

This is on Elgin:

24/02/2012 to 28/02/2012 (estimated) CLR 2BLKGS IN F.W BTWN O/S 70 TO O/S 74 ST PETERS ROAD WP2) clr 2 BLKGS IN C.W AT JCN SOWELL STREET AND ST PETERS ROAD

Which looks exactly like the route the fibre cables will take from the exchange, so my guess is once they've cleared this thay may then install your cabinet.

Edited by R0NSKI (Tue 28-Feb-12 16:25:21)

Standard User iangilf
(newbie) Tue 28-Feb-12 16:34:55
Print Post

[re: R0NSKI] [link to this post]

ok m8 thanks ill leave it a while then wait n see so to speak are there any bt engineers on this site that would like to undertake a private job the cable that enters my home is real short and is joined with black tape just wondering if theres any engineers in the broadstairs area that could come and take a look for me private message me please or reply here cheers
Standard User iangilf
(newbie) Tue 28-Feb-12 18:39:14
Print Post

hi again what does deployed mean please ?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User R0NSKI
(newbie) Tue 28-Feb-12 19:42:03
Print Post

v. de·ployed, de·ploy·ing, de·ploys
v.tr.
a. To position (troops) in readiness for combat, as along a front or line.
b. To bring (forces or material) into action.
c. To base (a weapons system) in the field.
2. To distribute (persons or forces) systematically or strategically.
3. To put into use or action.

Which to me would mean that the FTTC cabinets have already been installed, but perhaps in BT terms it actually means the work has been approved.

Bit worrying if your cable is joined with tape, if it's before your master socket it's down to BT (although they may have something to say about how it got like it, and may charge you), if it's after your master socket it's your responsibility and BT will charge you to fix it.
Standard User iangilf
(newbie) Tue 28-Feb-12 20:36:42
Print Post

we moved into the building with it already like it rented accomadation m8
Standard User jimconsole
(newbie) Thu 01-Mar-12 02:11:47
Print Post

Hi can someone tell me when my cab will be enabled please? CT119NH in Ramsgate
thanks
Standard User R0NSKI
(newbie) Thu 01-Mar-12 07:42:45
Print Post

[re: jimconsole] [link to this post]

Can't tell you when it will be enabled, but I can tell you that according to the leaked spreadsheet it is scheduled to be installed at some point very soon. The Thanet area exchanges have a Ready For Service date of 1/03/2012, but that's only a guide date for any cabinets already installed - checked mine last night and it doesn't seem to be humming, which would suggest it's not yet powered up.

Your details from the spreadsheet:

SAU_ID Name Postcode SAU_NODE_ID Exchange Only Flag Percent Lines Uplift Phase Deployed FTTC or FTTP

NDRAM RAMSGATE CT119NH {NDRAM}{P13} 0 51% 3.31 8a Yes FTTC
NDRAM RAMSGATE CT119NH {NDRAM}{P40} 0 48% 3.03 8a Yes FTTC

Your postcode is served by two cabinets P13 & P14, have a look around your area and see if you can find the cabinets, they should be numbered (mine was marked in chalk!), then see if there's a new green cabinet near it. Unless you can follow your telephone cable only BT knows which cabinet serves you. Uplift is the improvement in broadbands speed they expect you to see, so you should get at least 3 times what your getting, but if your around 400m or closer to your cabinet you should get the full 40mb speeds from other results I've seen on the forums.

Edit:Just looked on Streetview P13 is by the roundabout - I passed there yesterday, don't think there's a new cabinet, but pretty sure the pavement was being dug up by the lamp post.

Confirmed it's BT on Elgin

Permit reference: BC005MU1W0000000IBC1WRVG
Works location description: In footway outside 9 Grange Road
Works description: Install BT cabinet/install BT ducts. Make connection to electricity supply.
Works category: Standard
Works state: Work in progress
Traffic management: None/Signing Only
Works details last modified: 10:31 on 29/02/2012
Last updated on Elgin: 19:36 on 29/02/2012

Edited by R0NSKI (Thu 01-Mar-12 07:50:53)

Standard User jimconsole
(newbie) Thu 01-Mar-12 17:57:51
Print Post

Excellent! Thanks R0NSKI for your very detailed response smile

Just checked and yep mines p13 on grange road and work appears to have commenced! not too long now then i hopesmile

Edited by jimconsole (Thu 01-Mar-12 20:18:56)

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Thu 01-Mar-12 19:06:34
Print Post

[re: jimconsole] [link to this post]

theres no news on when a cabinet will be installed by ours frown do they always put up that there gonna install a new cabinet?
Standard User R0NSKI
(newbie) Thu 01-Mar-12 20:16:40
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

As I understand it BT will need to apply for a work permit, and this will show up on Elgin when they do.

You can set it up to email you when results come up in a defined area.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | [6] | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to