General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | [9] | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Tue 20-Mar-12 15:27:42
Print Post

Re: FTTC South East Kent

[re: martyn] [link to this post]

I hope the Sandwich exchange will go live before June, seems a little silly to delay it for 3 months when Openreach have installed/are installing the infrastructure at this very moment. There are even dates set on Elgin to dig up the power cables for the new cabs over the next week.

I'm curious as to the cause of the delay. Shame frown
Standard User Spasch
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 20-Mar-12 15:37:31
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Anonymous:
I hope the Sandwich exchange will go live before June, seems a little silly to delay it for 3 months when Openreach have installed/are installing the infrastructure at this very moment. There are even dates set on Elgin to dig up the power cables for the new cabs over the next week.

I'm curious as to the cause of the delay. Shame frown
The date on the checker is just a placeholder - it rolls every 3 months if the previous target date was not met. The real date will appear on the checker when the cab is due to go live.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Tue 20-Mar-12 16:11:49
Print Post

[re: Spasch] [link to this post]

I was thinking that may have been the case; thanks for the clarification!

Let's hope it goes live sometime next month/may then smile

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Tue 20-Mar-12 19:36:29
Print Post

[re: R0NSKI] [link to this post]

Crikey! what a difference from march to july! nowt we can do then is there but sit & wait and hope they get it enabled well before that.
Standard User R0NSKI
(learned) Tue 20-Mar-12 20:08:52
Print Post

I got all excited when I saw my cabinet was installed and a RFS date of 1-03-2012 on Sam Knows, but now I've just come back down to it will happen when it happens.

We should be glad that at least it is happening and we can see the cabinets going in, lets just hope that when the exchanges are activated all the installed cabinets are too.

Standard User martyn
(committed) Tue 20-Mar-12 20:19:41
Print Post

In reply to a post by R0NSKI:
I got all excited when I saw my cabinet was installed and a RFS date of 1-03-2012 on Sam Knows, but now I've just come back down to it will happen when it happens.

We should be glad that at least it is happening and we can see the cabinets going in, lets just hope that when the exchanges are activated all the installed cabinets are too.

Wonder how accurate that Talk Talk checker is, a bit strange that they have it and not BT, even gives an estimate for my line speed using address only. Never seen that before for my address.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Tue 20-Mar-12 20:31:15
Print Post

[re: martyn] [link to this post]

Well the data must come from Openreach, so perhaps they're just making it up, that or there was a cock-up somewhere. Most likely the latter.
Standard User R0NSKI
(learned) Tue 20-Mar-12 22:17:19
Print Post

Talk Talk states the following for my address:

Superfast Fibre Optic Broadband is planned for your line in July 2012. Register your interest and we'll contact you as soon as it becomes available.*

Your estimated download speed would be 57Meg and upload speed would be 20Meg.^

I'm about 450 meters from my cabinet, so the above is probably about right.

Now none of the checkers I've used previously have stated anything about FTTC, not even the BT Wholesale checker, so I also wonder where this info is coming from.

Standard User kernow76
(newbie) Tue 20-Mar-12 23:59:03
Print Post

I have a street cab a few meters from my house at the western most end of Boundary Road, CT11 7NR. From the spreadsheets I've seen, I'm guessing its P2. Any idea when that will be done, and would I be right in thinking that we need all the cabs in the area to be done before they will start accepting orders?

Thanks,

Paul
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Wed 21-Mar-12 01:24:30
Print Post

[re: kernow76] [link to this post]

Take a look on http://kent.roadworks.org/index.cfm

Click on the 'Zoom to...' drop down box, select postcode and type yours in. Then tick off 'Current works' and 'Planned works' in the box in the top left corner of the map.

This should show any works going on, have a look where your cabinet is and see if there are any planned works. The site is updated very frequently throughout the day as well.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | [9] | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to