General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | [10] | 11 | 12 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User vettieboo
(newbie) Wed 14-Mar-12 11:08:40
Print Post

Re: Cabinet Question

[re: Moradin] [link to this post]

Accepting orders at the exchange doesn't seem to mean much to anything. I have the unfortunate problem of having a complete cabinet that is taking orders but I am one of ten houses that can't get it. So can't really say that accepting orders means much if BT's computer says no.

the PCP data says were on an exchange and cabinet that are complete, but BT say we're on another part of the exchange. Nothing they or we can do. My last hope is sky will look into it when they get FTTC.
Standard User ccxo
(committed) Wed 14-Mar-12 14:59:26
Print Post

[re: vettieboo] [link to this post]

When BT say you are on another part of the exchange, have they said which part you are on?

What do other isp's that offer FTTC say about getting your line being able to get FTTC?

Wonder if it would be worth contacting the top of BT/OR as things do happen for people in the past.

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User vettieboo
(learned) Wed 14-Mar-12 16:29:59
Print Post

[re: ccxo] [link to this post]

They don't say what part, just that I'm not on the one everyone else is. As Braintree exchange is...really the only exchange even in the area this would be strange even to me. I don't claim to be 100% perfect in my assessment but even the checker is saying I'm on the Braintree exchange.

Other ISPs say no, but then that isn't a big surprise. I don't get a date estimate with anyone either, I'm apparently a FTTC black hole haha.

I've sent an email to the top, they state I may be on a split on a cabinet, however I did think that I was on cabinet 5 with everyone else on my postcode *shrug*. I'm hoping they'll find an error when they check over it.

Just doesn't really make sense that I can't get it!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User vettieboo
(learned) Fri 16-Mar-12 17:05:51
Print Post

Another update, again going around in circles.

Gone higher up the BT chain and asked, they responded with this:

Iíve been advised that although your cabinet is fibre enabled, your line currently is unable to support a faster broadband service. The information below is taken from www.bt.com'

The info they gave it a cut and paste of the checker, which I knew already.

They then suggest registering my interest, which isn't exactly useful if only 10 houses down my road can't get it!
I've asked for why my line isn't suitable, surely if it was just my line they could fix it?!

Edit - response says its likely that my line is too far from the cabinet. This is unlikely, as I can almost see the cabinet from my house (less than a minute away) and the houses further down the road from the cabinet ARE able to get it. I just don't think they know. Which isn't helpful for me.

Edited by vettieboo (Fri 16-Mar-12 17:17:40)

Standard User ccxo
(committed) Fri 16-Mar-12 20:30:00
Print Post

Keep pressing higher up in the chain with BT, you will likely find a result to your problem.

Could use local or national news etc to show your problem and frustration with BT, any media spoltlight generally produces a quick response to solve it.

My Broadband Speed Test

Edited by ccxo (Fri 16-Mar-12 20:31:17)

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Fri 16-Mar-12 20:49:45
Print Post

it sounds like you are NOT on the cab you can see - and there are therefore eiher on a cab that is not part of commerical roll out or an a cab that is deployed and you are too far away from it
Standard User vettieboo
(learned) Fri 16-Mar-12 21:57:08
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

Well considering they already confirmed that the cabinet I am attached to is active then only the second thing could be true, but It would seem unlikely given that roads up and down (and across the road from me) can all get this, yet 10 houses in the centre cannot get it. Numbers 109 and 133 (both on my postcode) can get this service. The PCP checker says 100% of my postcode is attached to cabinet 5, which is the number painted on each door of the box nearest us ( the old one, the new one is near it).

I'm currently emailing the head of complaints after an email to the CEO, I don't know how much higher up I could go! I don't want to have to threaten the media, not until they have given me a clear reason why I cannot get this. It just seems like a quick call/message to Openreach could verify things. Obviously I can't do that myself though!
Standard User bladerider666
(newbie) Sat 17-Mar-12 13:45:00
Print Post

i spoke to sky yesterday as my router is now dead, asked about fttc and they told me it should be enabled in 3wks time happy days

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User vettieboo
(learned) Mon 19-Mar-12 12:18:42
Print Post

I'm probably bordering on annoying them, but decided to press on and try and reach the root of the problem with another email. They got back to me this morning, stating that Openreach have confirmed that although our cabinet is enabled (yes, so whatever cabinet we are on is active) the actual routing of our line says that we can only get 3-8MB. BT also said Openreach are looking into the information I've posted regarding the surrounding properties and they'll get back to me tomorrow (hopefully with something more positive).

I'm now going to hope that the saga will be over soon, but Openreach saying that I can't get it is a little bit upsetting, considering houses either side of my own can. Not quite sure what to make of this all now.
Standard User ccxo
(committed) Mon 19-Mar-12 13:04:42
Print Post

Well its good to hear that progress is being made, hopefully a good result.

My Broadband Speed Test
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | [10] | 11 | 12 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to