General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | [11] | 12 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Moradin
(member) Mon 19-Mar-12 13:04:49
Print Post

Re: Cabinet Question

[re: vettieboo] [link to this post]

I would get them to put a brand new line in.

would cost £120 for new copper, and a 18 month/2 year contract.. but hell i would do it.. (then cancel the first line)

-----------------------------------------------
December PCP to postcode checker
https://www.google.com/fusiontables/DataSource?snapi...
My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User vettieboo
(learned) Mon 19-Mar-12 13:25:34
Print Post

[re: Moradin] [link to this post]

Could they even do that? They haven't mentioned they could put a new line in, so I would presume that they couldn't. I was hoping to go to Sky fibre if this could all be resolved (in April, so not too far away), but it's seeming less likely this is going to happen. I'll be sure to update on what they tell me tomorrow, it's just all so frustrating.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Mon 19-Mar-12 14:10:18
Print Post

The normal way of connecting a second line is by using another pair in the existing cabling. So that might not solve anything.

Someone said on here the other day that you can order a second complete line in to the premises. If you could do that, you may stand a chance, but I'd be quite worried.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - Plusnet Value Fibre.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User vettieboo
(learned) Mon 19-Mar-12 14:29:05
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Guess it's another option if the news I get tomorrow isn't good. I still would prefer that they can give my old line FTTC obviously!
Standard User Moradin
(member) Mon 19-Mar-12 17:48:40
Print Post

Someone said on here the other day that you can order a second complete line in to the premises. If you could do that, you may stand a chance, but I'd be quite worried.

Robertos.. was me.. smile

because i have done exactly that. they initially wanted to use the pair in the existing for the 2nd line. but i made them put in new copper from a different pole at the front of the house.

-----------------------------------------------
December PCP to postcode checker
https://www.google.com/fusiontables/DataSource?snapi...
My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User vettieboo
(learned) Tue 20-Mar-12 18:05:49
Print Post

[re: Moradin] [link to this post]

Hello again, thought I'd update.

Received a reply today, wanting to call me, asked what that was about but got impatient and looked at the checker (as I do daily). I couldn't believe it, it says we can get fibre! I made sure to check the BT infinity website, this also said we could. Plusnet and Talktalk say yes too, so I'm guessing Openreach found out what was wrong and corrected it.

I then received an email from BT saying that 'Openreach have found a work around ' whatever that means. I am not too bothered, just happy that I can now order when I wish! I'm guessing the problem was on their end after all.

'Our test also indicates that your line currently supports a fibre technology with an estimated WBC FTTC Broadband where consumers have received downstream line speed of 40 Mbps and upstream line speed of 10 Mbps.'

Strangely...the other houses that couldn't get fibre down our road STILL can't...but I don't want to really push the issue as now I can, so that's good enough for me.

Edited by vettieboo (Tue 20-Mar-12 18:21:16)

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Tue 20-Mar-12 19:41:44
Print Post

Result! smile

Well done.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
Standard User vettieboo
(learned) Tue 20-Mar-12 19:51:42
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Was beginning to doubt myself it took so much effort, but hey ho it all worked out in the end! Just takes a lot of pressure to make it work. Hope this helps anyone else who is certain they are in a 'FTTC black hole' as I had come to call it.
Standard User Timalay
(committed) Sat 07-Apr-12 17:41:27
Print Post

[re: Timalay] [link to this post]

Think I may have found it (tucked behind the hedge of all places) when I went up to the new house today.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Sat 07-Apr-12 18:40:46
Print Post

[re: Timalay] [link to this post]

Just been checking the Decemeber PCP document. Stowmarket (EASTM) appears to be missing. Anyone got any ideas?
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | [11] | 12 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to