General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User vettieboo
(newbie) Mon 05-Mar-12 10:42:58
Print Post

Re: Cabinet Question

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

Just an update, no fibre yet and no clue when. I would use the neighbours numbers but not that social on our road and no idea who would be LLU and who wouldn't.

the wholesale checker doesn't even list an estimated date for me and hasn't done since I started checking in February, so frustrating. Funny how my cabinet just sits there whirring away but I have no idea when or if I'll get to use it!
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Mon 05-Mar-12 12:10:55
Print Post

[re: vettieboo] [link to this post]

So you do not know the surname of anyone on the same CAB? Local Chip Shop / Takeaway etc? Then you can use the on-line phone book to get the number.

Failing this the Land Registry will give you the owners name of the property (£2 charge?) and www.192.co.uk (other services are available) will give you some local names - mainly those who have not elected to be omitted from the edited version of the electoral register.

You can inspect the electoral register for free (normally at the local authority) but I am not sure whether you can see other peoples names.

Otherwise - anyone had any building work done? You can normally see the planning applications on line.

Multiple ways of finding neighbours names without speaking to them! (Could releive the postman of some of his load!).
Standard User vettieboo
(newbie) Mon 05-Mar-12 12:40:03
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

Looked at that 192.co.uk site and input businesses with my postcode. No number on there actually worked for 3QX, but I did find a snooker club with CM7 3QZ that did have a valid BT number. I think 3QZ is served by cab 5 and the number says this on the ADSL checker:

Our test also indicates that your line currently supports a fibre technology with an estimated WBC FTTC Broadband where consumers have received downstream line speed of 40Mbps and upstream line speed of 10Mbps.

Is that good? Does it matter that the postcode isn't the same if the cabinet is the same?
Edit - may keep looking, google maps gives a different postcode!

Further Edit - Yes, checked a roofing contractor with 3QZ (other sites also saying 3QZ)

Our test also indicates that your line currently supports a fibre technology with an estimated WBC FTTC Broadband where consumers have received downstream line speed of 40Mbps and upstream line speed of 10Mbps.

So is this saying my telephone is basically screwing me over? My address checker says I can't get it on the BT site and wholesale checker so I don't know what's going on!

Finally, checked nursery across the road (3QZ) from me AND a carpet company down the road! (3QT) both checkers say FTTC available!. So no idea now!

Edited by vettieboo (Mon 05-Mar-12 13:04:56)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User boxst
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 05-Mar-12 13:42:19
Print Post

As I few nice people have checked cabinets and I have no idea how to do that.....

I'm on the Crowborough exchange (NDCRO) with a postcode of TN6 1AZ.

Thanks for any information.

Steve
Standard User Justo
(regular) Mon 05-Mar-12 13:49:52
Print Post

Fibre is available to you, but the postcode is mis-linked in the database, your phone number would tell you it was available if it was on BT. What does your LLU provider's checker say for it?

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User vettieboo
(newbie) Mon 05-Mar-12 14:10:02
Print Post

[re: Justo] [link to this post]

I'm on Sky, not sure that they actually have a fibre checker so I'm not able to check on it! In fact, if I use my current phone number in the checker it says it isn't compatible! Ha.

'You don't currently have an active compatible landline at your address so you need to take Sky Talk with Sky Line Rental to proceed with your order. '
Standard User Justo
(member) Mon 05-Mar-12 14:19:36
Print Post

In reply to a post by vettieboo:
I'm on Sky

Doh!!

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User vettieboo
(newbie) Mon 05-Mar-12 14:20:43
Print Post

[re: Justo] [link to this post]

Haha yeah I know, causes so many problems but I need the broadband unlimited features!
Standard User TTEnt
(newbie) Mon 05-Mar-12 14:21:56
Print Post

Are you using Postcode checker or Address Checker.
As if just using Postcode checker does not mention FTTC but if use Address Checker and put in House Number and Postcode does mention FTTC. Have checked with at least two houses on your postcode. So would assume all houses on that postcode are the same.
Your postcode covers the Odd Numbers from 77-135 inclusive

Have also found this with Other Postcodes including mine, if just check on Postcode does not mention FTTC if i do address checker and put in my House Name and postcode says that it will be available Dec 2012.
Standard User ccxo
(member) Mon 05-Mar-12 14:29:32
Print Post

[re: boxst] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by boxst:
As I few nice people have checked cabinets and I have no idea how to do that.....

I'm on the Crowborough exchange (NDCRO) with a postcode of TN6 1AZ.

Thanks for any information.

Steve

You're postcode is served by 2 cabinets, cabs 22 and 9. Cabinet 22 has 90% of the lines from the postcode and cab 9 has the remaining 10%. Both will be enabled in phase 8a and will have the FTTC upgrade.

http://g.co/maps/88rnx is cab 22

NDCRO CROWBOROUGH TN61AZ {NDCRO}{P22} 0 90% 3.55 8a Yes FTTC

NDCRO CROWBOROUGH TN61AZ {NDCRO}{P9} 0 10% 3.97 8a Yes FTTC

My Broadband Speed Test
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to