General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User vettieboo
(newbie) Mon 05-Mar-12 14:38:18
Print Post

Re: Cabinet Question

[re: TTEnt] [link to this post]

I've used both, no mention of a date on either check:

'For Address 123 CHAPEL HILL, BRAINTREE, CM7 3QX on Exchange BRAINTREE

Your exchange is ADSL enabled, and our initial check on your address indicates that your line should be able to have an ADSL broadband service that provides a fixed line speed up to 2Mbps.

Our check also indicates that your line currently supports an estimated ADSL Max broadband line speed of 4Mbps; typically the line speed would range between 3Mbps and 7Mbps.

Our check also indicates that your line currently supports an estimated ADSL2+ broadband line speed of 5.5Mbps; typically the line speed would range between 3Mbps and 8Mbps. Our test also indicates that your line could support an estimated ADSL 2+ Annex-M broadband upstream line speed of 1Mbps and downstream line speed of 5.5Mbps; typically the downstream speed would range between 3Mbps and 8Mbps.

The actual stable line speed supportable will be determined during the first 10 days of use. This speed may change over time, to ensure line stability is maintained.'
Standard User Timalay
(committed) Mon 05-Mar-12 14:38:33
Print Post

[re: Adsl24] [link to this post]

Sorry I meant for the first postcode I posted (CO10 1QB).
Standard User boxst
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 05-Mar-12 14:49:19
Print Post

[re: ccxo] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ccxo:
You're postcode is served by 2 cabinets, cabs 22 and 9. Cabinet 22 has 90% of the lines from the postcode and cab 9 has the remaining 10%. Both will be enabled in phase 8a and will have the FTTC upgrade.

http://g.co/maps/88rnx is cab 22

NDCRO CROWBOROUGH TN61AZ {NDCRO}{P22} 0 90% 3.55 8a Yes FTTC

NDCRO CROWBOROUGH TN61AZ {NDCRO}{P9} 0 10% 3.97 8a Yes FTTC

Thank you for the information. Mine is the 10% one it seems. Here is the link to my house with the cabinet in view: http://maps.google.com/maps?q=51.054745,0.15435&ll=5...

Great they are both going to be upgraded, what does phase 8a mean?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ccxo
(member) Mon 05-Mar-12 14:55:46
Print Post

[re: boxst] [link to this post]

Hi that cab you have linked shows as number 5 on google street maps, only way to confirm is for you to check the number in person.

As for the location of cab 9, ile have a further look and see if i can find it.

Phase 8a, is how OR plan out the cabinets they set out to enable in each phase, it usually goes with a certain live date for a exchange as the majority of cabs will go live. There are no set dates for the phases as different areas can be enabled faster then others, espeically if their are no blocked ducts or power issues.

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User TTEnt
(newbie) Mon 05-Mar-12 14:57:49
Print Post

[re: vettieboo] [link to this post]

Very strange, seems to show ok for 77-109 ot at least ones i've checked, and then doesn't work but 133 and 135 do. So unless some peculiarity with how 111-131 are cabled, or a complete mess up with BT Database don't know then
Standard User vettieboo
(newbie) Mon 05-Mar-12 15:12:55
Print Post

[re: TTEnt] [link to this post]

Checked it myself and that does seem the case. Odd considering the 3QZ postcodes (I think those are the even houses on the opposite side of the road) have availability too! Either there's something wrong with that one part of the road or if it's just a database thing. I guess it may be time to give BT a call. Problem is I wanted to go with Sky (when they get around to releasing FTTC) but I'm now worried that there's going to be a problem with doing that. Gah.
Standard User boxst
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 05-Mar-12 19:31:08
Print Post

[re: ccxo] [link to this post]

Thank you for the information. The cabinet in the picture is cabinet 9 as I just walked past it, wondered how you know the cabinet number and then saw a huge stenciled white number in the corner!

Steve
Standard User ccxo
(member) Mon 05-Mar-12 20:57:00
Print Post

[re: boxst] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by boxst:
Thank you for the information. The cabinet in the picture is cabinet 9 as I just walked past it, wondered how you know the cabinet number and then saw a huge stenciled white number in the corner!

Steve

Well should be no problems with getting 40/10 once you're cab is upgraded.

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User Timalay
(committed) Tue 06-Mar-12 09:56:20
Print Post

[re: Timalay] [link to this post]

Anybody?
Standard User vettieboo
(newbie) Tue 06-Mar-12 14:03:06
Print Post

[re: Timalay] [link to this post]

You're served by 1 cabinet on postcode CO101QB:

EASUD SUDBURY; SUFFOLK CO101QB {EASUD}-{P43} 0 100% 4.42 8a Yes FTTC
So you're on cab 43, 100% of your postcode is and you're getting FFTC in phase 8a.

And no, I have no idea where your cab may be, try having a look around the neighborhood for a cab with 43 marked in white on the doors! Been scouting around your postcode and I can't even see a cabinet so can't really help there.

Edited by vettieboo (Tue 06-Mar-12 14:13:49)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to