General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | [6] | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User roboraver
(newbie) Tue 06-Mar-12 16:15:11
Print Post

Re: Cabinet Question

[re: vettieboo] [link to this post]

OK sorry to be a pain but I am starting to go mad now !! my wife is really concerned as for the last 2 weeks since getting my install date I have been looking / walking / cycling around for my Cab and I can't find it !!

My postcode is SE26 5TN and our estate is supposedly up and running (26 down 5 up) and our local exchange is Sydenham LSSYD.

I was able to check the DEC "leaked" database and it mentioned the p17 or p7 serves my line so I have been going for walk abouts after getting home from work, with a torch and I was able to find p17 here: http://g.co/maps/g8uhg

But I CANNOT find the p7 anywhere around with in a 1k ! I have found nearly every Virgin/CW/BT green boxes with various different CAB numbers but I can't find p7 !

Does the actual fibre follow a path ? this is the actual exchange: http://g.co/maps/as3ja

does anyone have a rough idea where the p7 could be ? before I become insane !!
Standard User vettieboo
(newbie) Tue 06-Mar-12 16:56:07
Print Post

[re: vettieboo] [link to this post]

Another update. Decided to call BT and get an answer as to why it's available to some of my road but not others. After a lengthy discussion I have been told that the lines are currently in the process of being enabled and that no one can order on my cabinet EVEN THOUGH the checker says they can. I obviously checked one such address and this appears to be true.

So, does this mean that I don't have to wait much longer? Seems odd some of the road can get a 'yes' on the checker while about ten numbers (including mine!) can't get anything, but I'm hoping that's just an issue that will be solved once it's all enabled.

Does 'in the process of being enabled' signal good news? I do hope so!

Edited by vettieboo (Tue 06-Mar-12 16:56:59)

Standard User Adsl24
(knowledge is power) Tue 06-Mar-12 17:40:32
Print Post

[re: roboraver] [link to this post]

Your property is served by cabinet 17 (NOT 7) which went live on 22nd December 2011.

Cab 7 serves properties around the station. http://g.co/maps/tpqdn - so forget about that as it doesn't serve your property smile

BT are giving your the runaround. We can take your order for FTTC straight away.

James
ADSL24 Broadband
http://adsl24.co.uk

Edited by Adsl24 (Tue 06-Mar-12 17:41:11)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ccxo
(member) Tue 06-Mar-12 17:58:48
Print Post

If you have you're install date just wait till the engineer arrives and ask then where the cab is

Edit- asdl posted before me.

My Broadband Speed Test

Edited by ccxo (Tue 06-Mar-12 17:59:39)

Standard User roboraver
(newbie) Wed 07-Mar-12 10:14:12
Print Post

[re: ccxo] [link to this post]

Thank you both !!

Have already ordered with BT and have a install date, so hopefully being 943 meters from the Cabinent will mean I should get a good line speed (BT Wholesale says 26 D 5 U)
Standard User ccxo
(member) Thu 08-Mar-12 00:42:11
Print Post

The checker usual under estimates for FTTC so a faster speed is possible.

My Broadband Speed Test
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Thu 08-Mar-12 02:29:18
Print Post

[re: ccxo] [link to this post]

Just wondered if anyone could check if my cabinet will be going live. I am on the Lowestoft exchange and have an RFS date of June 2012. I am a long way from the exchange though so I doubt they'll bother with it!

Postcode is NR32 4XF

Thanks smile
Standard User bladerider666
(newbie) Thu 08-Mar-12 02:40:45
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

Hi everyone, i also have query....I am on the great oakley exchange EMGRETO, which i believe is getting fttc in june 2012, will my cabinet be upgraded ? i cant find out anything....

current download adsl 4.7mbps
current download adsl 0.78mbps

Thankyou smile

my postcode is nn188rr

Edited by bladerider666 (Thu 08-Mar-12 09:37:43)

Standard User Moradin
(regular) Thu 08-Mar-12 07:54:54
Print Post

[re: bladerider666] [link to this post]

@bladerider666

put your post code into the link above my signature.

use the drop downs to select postcode, then put it in, without the space

-----------------------------------------------
December PCP to postcode checker
https://www.google.com/fusiontables/DataSource?snapi...
My Broadband Speed Test

Edited by Moradin (Thu 08-Mar-12 07:55:24)

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Thu 08-Mar-12 08:54:40
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Braintree 5 now live cab just done posctoce checker through www.bt.com - seems to very good speed
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | [6] | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to