General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | [7] | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User vettieboo
(newbie) Thu 08-Mar-12 09:13:45
Print Post

Re: Cabinet Question

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

Except I still can't get it, says not available in my area for 123. Fantastic. Have no clue what to do now, since I have nothing to wait for!
Standard User bladerider666
(newbie) Thu 08-Mar-12 10:16:24
Print Post

[re: Moradin] [link to this post]

i cant get it to work lol
Standard User vettieboo
(newbie) Thu 08-Mar-12 10:19:13
Print Post

[re: bladerider666] [link to this post]

EMGRETO GREAT OAKLEY NN188RR {EMGRETO}{P11} 0 100% 7.93 8a Yes FTTC

There you go, 100% of your postcode is connected to cabinet 11, you will be upgraded to FTTC and this will happen in phase 8a (in theory)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(newbie) Thu 08-Mar-12 10:26:27
Print Post

[re: vettieboo] [link to this post]

brilliant thanks for that, i was just curious as a friend of mine lives a few streets away and when we did a bt broadband speed test it came up that he could get infinity from june (when the fttc is to be done) however when i did it i had no such offer of infinity which made me think will i get fibre?

Thankyou smile
Standard User vettieboo
(newbie) Thu 08-Mar-12 10:31:06
Print Post

No worries, I just hope you aren't having the problems I'm currently having! I'm trying to get access to FTTC, exchange up since 2010!

Part of my postcode can get this, cabinet it up and running, yet a few houses that include mine apparently can't. Interesting.

Edit - another web chat, another dead end. I was told that I am connected to another part of the exchange to the people who can get it on my road, so that's why I can't get it. How can I be on a different part of an exchange to people on the same postcode and cabinet! Who knows.

Edited by vettieboo (Thu 08-Mar-12 10:34:29)

(newbie) Thu 08-Mar-12 10:40:41
Print Post

That just sounds weird, but who knows what wiring has been done underground, my point being that i live (as the crow flies) closer to my exchange than my buddy and hw gets faster broadband than me. i get 4.7meg (logged into router) he getts 11meg. Am on sky unlimited and in a new build he is not.......nuts...lol
Standard User ionic
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 08-Mar-12 11:34:16
Print Post

"New Build" is your answer. When new houses are put up, BTO don't usually run new ducts to the exchange, they'll likely piggyback on the nearest available PCP with sufficient capacity which can mean your cables going ion a less than obviousl route back to the exchange - even heading away a significant distance.
Standard User vettieboo
(newbie) Thu 08-Mar-12 11:40:10
Print Post

[re: ionic] [link to this post]

I would love to know if the info I was told by the web chat was accurate or if they're trying to fob me off.

'I was told that I am connected to another part of the exchange to the people who can get it on my road, so that's why I can't get it. How can I be on a different part of an exchange to people on the same postcode and cabinet! Who knows. ' - does that sound plausible? Anyone know? Heh.
Standard User ionic
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 08-Mar-12 11:51:43
Print Post

How do you know you're on the same cabinet?

If it's a new build it's plausible that a line (or lines) was installed for the building site as a one off. Once the build was finished, ducting and maybe even a separate cabinet would be installed for the new houses. The "old" line would still exist and be repurpoused, possibly as yours.
Standard User Spasch
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 08-Mar-12 12:20:13
Print Post

[re: ionic] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ionic:
How do you know you're on the same cabinet?

If it's a new build it's plausible that a line (or lines) was installed for the building site as a one off. Once the build was finished, ducting and maybe even a separate cabinet would be installed for the new houses. The "old" line would still exist and be repurpoused, possibly as yours.
Also it's entirely possible that some lines are not connected to the cabinet, but direct to the exchange, hence no FTTC.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | [7] | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to