General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | [8] | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User vettieboo
(newbie) Thu 08-Mar-12 12:20:28
Print Post

Re: Cabinet Question

[re: ionic] [link to this post]

Well looking at the PCP data 100% of my postcode of CM7 3QX is on cabinet 5, there are no new builds in my area (house has been here since 1930's) so not sure where a new build would apply. Not sure what else I can say on that!

EABNT BRAINTREE CM73QX {EABNT}{P5} 0 100% 5.97 4a Yes FTTC

Edited by vettieboo (Thu 08-Mar-12 12:22:07)

Standard User vettieboo
(newbie) Thu 08-Mar-12 14:51:06
Print Post

[re: vettieboo] [link to this post]

Hate to double post, but after a call to BT and the same response as web chat I think there's literally nothing else to be done. We have a live cabinet, live exchange, houses in our postcode can even order it, but apparently we're special and on a different part of the exchange to everyone else. Therefore I now have absolutely no prediction on when and if I'll get FTTC. Yay.Only guess is that the PCP data is wrong and not 100% of CM7 3QX is attached to cab 5, or even the exchange it says we're on. Just so frustrated now.
Standard User rackellar
(regular) Thu 08-Mar-12 16:18:00
Print Post

Sorry to post again. I have looked on the PCP spreadsheet but my postcode is not listed at all (NR324XF) however my neighoburing road on which the cabinet I (Think) I am connected to is located (NR324TY) is listed as being enabled.

Any ideas?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Moradin
(regular) Thu 08-Mar-12 16:54:18
Print Post

[re: rackellar] [link to this post]

Means in the near future you won't be getting fttc

-----------------------------------------------
December PCP to postcode checker
https://www.google.com/fusiontables/DataSource?snapi...
My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User rackellar
(regular) Fri 09-Mar-12 01:38:10
Print Post

[re: Moradin] [link to this post]

I am totally confused.

I am a good 6km from the exchange and the cabinet at the end of my road looks set to be upgraded according to the PCP DB. The cabinet is Here located at postcode NR32 4TY. The checker shows around 70% of this road will be enabled and 100% to the first two roads that branch off (NR32 4UW and NR32 4TQ) However the 3rd road that branches off (My road NR32 4XF) doesn't even show up in the database at all. How can I find out which cabinet I'm connected to? Or even if i'm (unlikely) connected directly to the exchange frown.
Standard User bladerider666
(newbie) Fri 09-Mar-12 01:47:46
Print Post

cabinet 11? i will need to have a walk around for it so i know where it is lol...when is phase 8a due for completion? (sorry for being a pain)

Thankyou
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Fri 09-Mar-12 12:22:58
Print Post

[re: rackellar] [link to this post]

EALOW LOWESTOFT NR324XF {EALOW}{P98} 0 100%
The rest of the line is blank, which means not currently scheduled. But not ruled out either.

All the lines for that cabinet (98) are blank, including NR32 4TY. TQ and UW are on cab 59.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - Plusnet Value Fibre.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.

Edited by RobertoS (Fri 09-Mar-12 12:24:17)

Standard User ccxo
(committed) Fri 09-Mar-12 17:17:11
Print Post

[re: bladerider666] [link to this post]

Its hard to say when the phases are completed as their are only rough dates which get moved about alot in each area due to delays etc, this is some rough estimations.

Looking at you're local area, BURTON LATIMER is 7b and is live in March, Corby is also 7b and is ment to be live in June but DESBOROUGH is phase 8a and is also ment to live in June.

KETTERING is phase 8b but is only put as 2012 date, no specific month from the Openreach postcode checker (where all the dates have come from).

If 7a to 8a go from March to June, its a 3 month gap so could say that 8b will be between July to September if their are no delays.

http://g.co/maps/nqqek

This may be cab 11.

My Broadband Speed Test

Edited by ccxo (Fri 09-Mar-12 17:19:51)

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Fri 09-Mar-12 20:38:05
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Thank you for your help. At least I now know it may be considered in the future.
Standard User bladerider666
(newbie) Sat 10-Mar-12 01:06:31
Print Post

[re: ccxo] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ccxo:
Its hard to say when the phases are completed as their are only rough dates which get moved about alot in each area due to delays etc, this is some rough estimations.

Looking at you're local area, BURTON LATIMER is 7b and is live in March, Corby is also 7b and is ment to be live in June but DESBOROUGH is phase 8a and is also ment to live in June.

KETTERING is phase 8b but is only put as 2012 date, no specific month from the Openreach postcode checker (where all the dates have come from).

If 7a to 8a go from March to June, its a 3 month gap so could say that 8b will be between July to September if their are no delays.

http://g.co/maps/nqqek

This may be cab 11.

seems quite far from my house i might try google maps see if i can find it, but thanks anyway smile

edit: i have found cabinet 11 it is roughly 150 metres from my house as the crow flies however i have no idea how long the line is to the cabinet, i do know i am 6km from the exchange.

My Broadband Speed Test

Edited by bladerider666 (Sat 10-Mar-12 10:53:20)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | [8] | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to