General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User syseng
(newbie) Sun 11-Mar-12 18:52:51
Print Post

Re: Fibre in Helston Cornwall

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

I have not got a clue which cab it is, its located at the bottom of station road i think

paul
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sun 11-Mar-12 23:23:42
Print Post

[re: syseng] [link to this post]

Cabs have numbers on them. But FTTP will probably be completely underground, unlike FTTC where a fibre cabinet is installed near to the existing phone one.

We visit Helston once or twice a year - usually staying in Porthleven. Relatives in Helston smile.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - Plusnet Value Fibre.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
Standard User andygegg
(learned) Mon 12-Mar-12 16:44:57
Print Post

In reply to a post by syseng:
Tr13 opp , is that trevenen bal , i used to live up there

It certainly is! We've been here 6 years now.

2Mb/s? Not in my lifetime! (Nearly true Dec 2011)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User syseng
(newbie) Mon 12-Mar-12 17:22:12
Print Post

just seen a date for december this year for helston bussiness fibre Doh!
Standard User syseng
(newbie) Mon 12-Mar-12 17:24:11
Print Post

http://business.bt.com/broadband-and-internet/fibre-...
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Fri 16-Mar-12 19:51:22
Print Post

[re: Matt182] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Matt182:
I would not get your hopes up, that spread sheet is very inaccurate for Cornwall. We was down for FTTP with no due date when it was updated in September time, then when I checked the wholesale checker around December it said it was going live the very next day but with FTTC.

It seems that we are left in the dark until the very last moment, not sure if OR know them self what's going where tongue

It seems like BT use "FTTP" to mean "parts of the exchange area are getting it, everyone else is getting FTTC".

My exchange is listed as FTTP. There is precisely one cabinet with any form of upgrade at the moment - the one for the road I live in (FTTC). No one else in the village can get anything, FTTC or P. FTTP is planned for the exchange-only lines and for the new housing estates according to the spreadsheet which seems fairly logical.

The nearby town is correctly listed as "FTTC/P". 99% of the town is upgraded to FTTC, with a few places on FTTP.

(this is also in Cornwall).
Standard User emjay1978
(newbie) Mon 02-Apr-12 16:42:15
Print Post

Can anyone tell me why i cant get fibre optic... I live in Helston at postcode tr13 8ps. Seems like my father in law who lives at tr13 8pq can get it hes furhter away form the exchange!!!

What cabinet are we connected too?

Cheers,

Emjay.
Standard User ccxo
(committed) Mon 02-Apr-12 17:04:07
Print Post

[re: emjay1978] [link to this post]

Hi your postcode is split between exchange only lines and a single cab, pcp 23 where only 3% of the lines go to and it is currently not planned for FTTC.

96% of the lines of the postcode TR138PS are exchange only lines, these cannot recieve FTTC as they have no cabinet.

Your Father in law postcode TR138PQ is served by 2 cabs that are both enable for FTTC, 27% of the postoce lines go to cab 5 and 72% go to cab 8.

Their is however a planned upgrade for exchange only lines in Cornwall by BT, we are still waiting to see what this will be.

My Broadband Speed Test

Edited by ccxo (Mon 02-Apr-12 17:05:32)

Standard User syseng
(newbie) Mon 02-Apr-12 20:07:35
Print Post

[re: ccxo] [link to this post]

Hi
can you tell me what lines are on Tr138Qj , i have been hearing conflcting reports abt fttc and fttp for this postcode not sure which cab my line is using .

thanks
paul
Standard User R0NSKI
(regular) Mon 02-Apr-12 20:31:00
Print Post

Your on cabinet P1, and according to the data your scheduled for FTTP

SAU_ID Name Postcode SAU_NODE_ID Exchange Only Flag Percent Lines Uplift Phase Deployed FTTC or FTTP
WWHELS HELSTON TR138QJ {WWHELS}{P1} 0 100% 2.9 Cornwall - Tranche 2 YES FTTP

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to