General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband


Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.


Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User syseng
(newbie) Mon 02-Apr-12 20:43:55
Print Post

Re: Fibre in Helston Cornwall


[re: R0NSKI] [link to this post]
 
many thanks, , just need a golive date now , i asked BT lastweek ,they said no date as yet
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Tue 03-Apr-12 09:34:02
Print Post

Re: Fibre in Helston Cornwall


[re: R0NSKI] [link to this post]
 
Ok so what are the plans for cornwall... wil lthey do fibre to the premises or is this to costly. Could i ask to be moved to the cabinet? is the cabinet enabled. I really want fibre speeds esp for the upload.
Standard User syseng
(newbie) Tue 10-Apr-12 16:35:35
Print Post

Re: Fibre in Helston Cornwall


[re: syseng] [link to this post]
 
Just been on to bt sales NO Date for the TR138qj area yet


Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User syseng
(newbie) Wed 11-Apr-12 17:43:02
Print Post

Re: Fibre in Helston Cornwall


[re: syseng] [link to this post]
 
openreach link , says Helston is accecpting orders , just phoned BT they said not yet ..
http://www.superfast-openreach.co.uk/where-and-when/...

Edited by syseng (Wed 11-Apr-12 17:46:42)

Standard User HarryHomers
(learned) Wed 11-Apr-12 20:36:35
Print Post

Re: Fibre in Helston Cornwall


[re: syseng] [link to this post]
 
we're on a direct exchange line so its not for us just yet frown
Standard User hazeldene2
(newbie) Tue 17-Apr-12 10:47:41
Print Post

Re: Fibre in Helston Cornwall


[re: HarryHomers] [link to this post]
 
I live at postcode TR13 8WE, there has been a new cabinet(?) built underground at the top of my street.

The openreach website says accepting orders but when i try the order process it says its not available.

Any update of when it will be here and if my cabinet(?) will be infinity enabled? Also will it be FTTC or FTTP.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Tue 17-Apr-12 10:57:11
Print Post

Re: Fibre in Helston Cornwall


[re: hazeldene2] [link to this post]
 
In reply to a post by hazeldene2:
I live at postcode TR13 8WE, there has been a new cabinet(?) built underground at the top of my street.

The openreach website says accepting orders but when i try the order process it says its not available.

Any update of when it will be here and if my cabinet(?) will be infinity enabled? Also will it be FTTC or FTTP.
FTTP. Tranche 2, whatever that translates to in dates.

Which ISP are you trying to sign up to?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - Plusnet Value Fibre.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 17-Apr-12 11:05:33
Print Post

Re: Fibre in Helston Cornwall


[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]
 
The chamber will house an aggregation node/splitter node most likely. Has it had the fibre bits installed? i.e.

http://www.farina1.com/fibre/wgc_media/source/IMG_44...

The chamber construction is likely to be a very different team to those who will install the fibre tubing and then evenutally blow the fibre through.

Andrew Ferguson, [email protected]
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User V1N
(newbie) Wed 18-Apr-12 14:02:26
Print Post

Re: Fibre in Helston Cornwall


[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]
 
Hi there,

Out of interest, where is it that you locate the info regarding which postcodes / cabinets will receive what?

I've entered a few numbers of friends into the number checker, and only found one who can receive fibre at this time.

My post code is TR138FH. Is there any way to find out if I'll receive fibre here, and whether it would likely be FTTP or FTTC?

Many thanks,
Vin.
Standard User ccxo
(committed) Wed 18-Apr-12 14:10:01
Print Post

Re: Fibre in Helston Cornwall


[re: V1N] [link to this post]
 
It comes from the leaked December spreadsheet from OR.

Your postcode comes back wiith this

WWHELS HELSTON TR138FH {WWHELS}{P17} 0 100% 3.02 Cornwall - Tranche 2 YES FTTP

You are planned to have FTTP, the data is 4 months old and does not give an exact date of enablement.

Cornwall is going to have 80% fibre coverage and the remaining 20% will be wirless/satelite mix for the most remote places.

My Broadband Speed Test
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to