General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | [8] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User urbanxtrail
(newbie) Sun 06-Apr-14 20:56:15
Print Post

Re: Fibre in Helston Cornwall

[re: Ribble] [link to this post]

Any idea when i will get fibre?? postcode is tr138fy and i believe my nearest cabinet is on the relief road near the may tree?? unless there is one nearer to me somewhere.
Think i asked this question a while back and was told April 2014 according to something i googled so far nothing, and the cabinet looks like its been forgetten. at this rate i will be too old to enjoy super fast broadband by the time i get it here haha.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sun 06-Apr-14 22:06:49
Print Post

[re: urbanxtrail] [link to this post]

Pleasant breakfasts, but slowwww.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 59.4/14.4Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
(newbie) Sun 17-Jan-16 17:21:21
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Has anyone got any info on when i can expect Fibre broadband in my area? am getting no info from Openreach or BT in fact they dont seem bothered at all. i first posted on here in 2013 asking the same question as most people were getting it enabled back then. yet we are still waiting a our Postcode.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User PaulKirby
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 17-Jan-16 18:44:58
Print Post

Well I just checked in the old 2011 leaked NGA Documents and it seems that you was down for FTTP as part of "Cornwall - Tranche 2" now where you was down for FTTP, this might of changed since then.

However you still might be part of the FTTP Project and is why its still taking a while, and you might not see any change on the BT Openreach Where and when page, due to FTTP might only use Stages 1 and 8 (8 being ready and live)

We have had all the FTTP hardware all installed since end of 2011 and we are still waiting, we have been told that we are still part of the Commercial FTTP Project and will get done, but these things take time and we are still listed as stage 1.

Paul
(newbie) Mon 18-Jan-16 07:21:20
Print Post

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

When i go to Openreach it says trying to find a solution for my postcode and house number yet the houses across the road and next door it says taking orders.Whats that all about, it boils my blood to think rural areas can get it yet parts of Helston cant, Even the Isles of Scilly have it, Openreach gave a solution of clubbing together with other residents to have it installed which to me seems strange when the service is already here, its just BT trying to get more money out of us.
Standard User PaulKirby
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 18-Jan-16 13:05:23
Print Post

In reply to a post by urbanxtrail:
When i go to Openreach it says trying to find a solution for my postcode and house number yet the houses across the road and next door it says taking orders.Whats that all about, it boils my blood to think rural areas can get it yet parts of Helston cant, Even the Isles of Scilly have it, Openreach gave a solution of clubbing together with other residents to have it installed which to me seems strange when the service is already here, its just BT trying to get more money out of us.
Welcome to my world.
In our case we even have an address that is 4 doors from us which is connected to our fibre hardware (FibreDP and manifold) and they can get fibre, it is very frustrating, even though I have been told by BT/BTOR via phone, emails and letters from them that I will be getting FTTP, just these things take time, over 4 years later still nothing, it just makes me laugh and cry at the same time.

But what I have seen, it seems that FTTP is rolled out as a patchwork quilt, where its all over the place.

I think you should still get it due to its still down as FTTP Planned, but it just might take some time that's all.
It might just be that the chunk of fibres might all be used up and number 7 was lucky enough to get one of the fibres.
So, you might just have to wait for another cable to be installed.

FTTP might also be done blocks of X amount.

Paul
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 18-Jan-16 13:17:00
Print Post

Need to know the exchange and cabinet number you are on to even attempt a guess.

The best people to ask will be the Superfast Cornwall team though.

A quick peek seems to show cabs 16, 22 and 82 have missed out so far.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
(newbie) Mon 18-Jan-16 13:33:15
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

I wouldn't mind so much but I can only get 5mb at the minute it's rubbish and then you get BT sending me stuff asking if I want to get BT TV . Yea right.
Yesterday I decided to see what mobile broadband can offer and was amazed that I can get 29mb down and 24mb up. So if BT don't pull there finger out I will buy a 4g router and pay three £20 a month for unlimited mobile broadband.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | [8] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to