General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | [11] | 12 | 13 | 14 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User TheManStan
(regular) Sat 31-Mar-12 22:21:27
Print Post

Re: 80/20 is coming!

[re: Justo] [link to this post]

That only works Huawei modems, were all ECI where i am blush(

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sat 31-Mar-12 23:57:40
Print Post

[re: creakycopperline] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by creakycopperline:
Automatic migration to 80/20 would be awesome, they are planning on srarting on my cabinet on the 3rd april, according to my local council's roadworks planning sheet. when signed up to BT in january he told me i would be transferred over automatically.
No-one gets upgraded automatically from ADSL2+ to FTTC.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
Standard User hoopla
(member) Sun 01-Apr-12 15:05:42
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
must know the Reply and linking system here.
Well, perhaps, yes, but I for one would expect the "Reply" and "Quote" buttons to be at the bottom of a post, not the top. As a result, it is easy to reply to the preceding message by mistake.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Colin_London
(regular) Tue 10-Apr-12 22:07:09
Print Post

[re: lee111s] [link to this post]

So it's 10th April today and the product is officially available from Openreach.

Any of the resellers offering a fully commercial (non-trial) GEA-FTTC 80/20 service to the general public for order yet?
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Tue 10-Apr-12 22:19:21
Print Post

[re: Colin_London] [link to this post]

Try accessing the bigger websites at 00.03 hours tonight smile.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - Plusnet Value Fibre.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Standard User roboraver
(newbie) Tue 10-Apr-12 22:25:33
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

RobertoS I will personally hold you responsible if any of the "bigger websites" are not updated by 00.05 tomorrow as I have just had 3 x expresso shots in a row !!
Standard User bladerider666
(newbie) Tue 10-Apr-12 22:29:27
Print Post

[re: roboraver] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by roboraver:
RobertoS I will personally hold you responsible if any of the "bigger websites" are not updated by 00.05 tomorrow as I have just had 3 x expresso shots in a row !!

ha ha ha ha ha ha

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User charles1
(learned) Tue 10-Apr-12 22:36:24
Print Post

AAISP are offering 80/20 as a £12 Premium add-on

---------------------------------------------------------------
O2 The All Rounder BQM Speedtest Pingtest
ISP Representative Adsl24
(isp) Tue 10-Apr-12 22:38:39
Print Post

We're still finalising our products so won't be launching the 80/20 tomorrow. It's not as simple as a small extra charge like Openreach charge, but more about the network / capacity side of thinks as a few hundred people on an 80Mb service can easily eat away at the capacity on a network so it will costs ISP's more than the few quid per month Openreach charge us! There is a lot more to take in to account... bandwidth costs will be a big issue with the 80/20 service as a LOT more will be required, e.g. 5 user on 80Mb would be the equivalent of 80 users on a 5Mb ADSL connection, therefore lots more bandwidth required to ensure all is OK.

James
Technical Director, ADSL24

We supply ADSL, ADSL2+, LLU and FTTC VDSL2 services as well as cheap line rental and bundle deals!
Visit our website for the latest offers.

Edited by Adsl24 (Tue 10-Apr-12 22:41:04)

The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Tue 10-Apr-12 22:40:10
Print Post

[re: charles1] [link to this post]

Not conclusive, as that appears to have been there last month. On the page you linked to we have:-
Some existing customers with service before April 2012 may be on capped rates of 40/2 or 40/10, with or without the premium option. The pricing depends on whether you have the premium option, and not the line speed. For a one-off fee, customers can change to the new cap for their service (40/10 standard and 80/20 premium) but this restarts the 12 month minimum term on the service when you do this. Contact sales for more details.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - Plusnet Value Fibre.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | [11] | 12 | 13 | 14 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to