General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Mon 26-Mar-12 21:19:53
Print Post

Re: Plusnet reason for not supplying FTTC for my house.

[re: karslakep] [link to this post]

How long since your phone "line" changed? Do you mean the number, and was it within the last three days?

Or are you on an LLU or Virgin Media cable phone line?

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
Standard User karslakep
(newbie) Mon 26-Mar-12 22:29:13
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

The phone line was transferred on 16th and took over a week for them to sort out the broadband. I am not on an LLU backbone it is plusnets own system.
Standard User R0NSKI
(regular) Mon 26-Mar-12 22:42:06
Print Post

You need to post on plus nets forums, and also post the results of the adsl checker you posted earlier, you'd get better results from that than using the support tickets.

it would also be worthwhile if you could find your cabinet, to get a rough idea how far away it is.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Mon 26-Mar-12 22:43:00
Print Post

I think you mean your phone number is the same as it used to be, just you have moved the rental to Plusnet? Did you use this phone number to get the BT Wholesale result you gave in your reply to Ripley earlier?

If so, have you raised this in the Plusnet Community forum? I suggest you do so, with a link to this thread. There is more chance of a rep picking it up quickly there than here.

The bumf from them you posted at the beginning doesn't even make sense frown, and the BT Wholesale one makes it clear you can have FTTC. Though I doubt if you are only 100m from your cabinet, from the BTW estimate.

Standard User R0NSKI
(regular) Mon 26-Mar-12 23:04:33
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

I think you'll find the 100 meters was just an example, not his actual distance.

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Mon 26-Mar-12 23:06:37
Print Post

[re: R0NSKI] [link to this post]

Probably smile.

I think he is likely to be 1000m or more from the cabinet though. Which is a long way.

Edited by RobertoS (Mon 26-Mar-12 23:06:58)

ISP Representative thatadamwalker
(isp) Tue 27-Mar-12 09:56:01
Print Post

Hi there @karslakep,

I'm sorry for what so far looks like a poor experience you've had with us here.

If its OK with you I'd like to take some time to pick things over in greater detail a little later. I will of course help you out as much as possible here.

From my point of view I can see that FTTC was ordered in February yet that was cancelled and so far I can't see a clear reason why so that's the main point of what I'mm looking into for you.

Also I can see according to our availability checker and it's plain to see from the BT checker that FTTC should be available to you.

I'd like to apologise for the response you quoted in your first post to this thread as I don't think that helps to explain things well, some feedback will be given about that.

The order for ADSL2 is complete now so that side of things should be OK, please bear with me and I'll come back to you after some analysis and digging later.

Adam.

Adam Walker
Plusnet Support Team
Service Status :: RSS :: Email
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User yarwell
(sensei) Tue 27-Mar-12 11:00:17
Print Post

Our test also indicates that your line currently supports a fibre technology with an estimated WBC FTTC Broadband where consumers have received downstream line speed of 23.3Mbps and upstream line speed of 5.6Mbps.

seems fairly straightforward !

Phil

MaxDSL - goes as fast as it can and doesn't read the line checker first.

MaxDSL diagnostics
ISP Representative thatadamwalker
(isp) Tue 27-Mar-12 12:02:54
Print Post

[re: thatadamwalker] [link to this post]

@karslakep

Thanks for your time on the phone just now. I'm really glad I could get my teeth into this and get to the bottom of the issue. I'm glad we could get things cleared up for you. As promised I'll be back on the phone to you later to tie things up with this.

Adam.

Adam Walker
Plusnet Support Team
Service Status :: RSS :: Email
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User paul1360
(member) Tue 27-Mar-12 12:24:42
Print Post

[re: thatadamwalker] [link to this post]

Nice to see someone from Plusnet is on the ball and trying to sort this out for you OP. In all media firms these days there seems to be a lack of training et al as was shown in the response you had back, I had to read 3 times and still left me shaking my head. Glad I not asked them for FTTC as I'm not far off 5km from the exchange. lol
Hope you get sorted soon.
iechyd da

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to