General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Zarjaz
(knowledge is power) Sun 08-Apr-12 08:47:48
Print Post

Re: Whole street can get Infinity apart from me?

[re: bellissimo] [link to this post]

So your line is off Reading South exchange, your cab is just around the corner, as you drive out of the estate on the right. (Just before the Shinfield Players Theatre).

There is 100% no doubt, that you can get FTTC, I fitted the first FTTC connection in Reading, September before last, off of your cabinet.

Find an ISP who will actually listen to you, and have them raise the order.

Standard User Zarjaz
(knowledge is power) Sun 08-Apr-12 08:49:08
Print Post

[re: lockyatlrg] [link to this post]

The OP is off cab 68 Reading South.

Standard User bellissimo
(newbie) Wed 18-Apr-12 10:57:00
Print Post

BT engineer has visited this morning to do tests on my phone line and get me activated on the BT network for BT phone and broadband. How long do you think I need to wait before trying to order Infinity? The online checker is still saying the number isn't recognised and when I call up BT they say that it's not available in my area period which is completely inaccurate seeing as the BT engineer has confirmed that Infinity is available for this housing estate.

If BT still say I can't get Infinity, does anyone know how I can escalate the issue? Is their a department I can call, email or write to?

I've just seen the service upped to 80Mbps which makes me want it even more. But right now I would settle for anything quicker than the 4Mbps that I'll be able to get once ADSL is activated.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User bellissimo
(newbie) Wed 18-Apr-12 17:38:41
Print Post

BT Infinity line checker is now recognising my new BT phone number but it's still saying no Inifinity?! I haven't been able to escalate the issue to BT Wholesale because they don't take calls from consumers. BT sales and customer services won't do anything either. I've resorted to complaining on Twitter but I doubt that will get me anywhere seeing as they never spotted the issue the first time I submitted details to them. What does one have to do to get BT to correct their mistake?
Standard User Zarjaz
(knowledge is power) Wed 18-Apr-12 18:04:11
Print Post

BT engineer has visited this morning to do tests on my phone line and get me activated on the BT network for BT phone and broadband.

That was my mate Phil, I was the engineer he rang and asked about this issue.

It doesn't help you much with your issue. I'd suggest giving it a few more days, and if not recognised then,
why not try an e-mail to the CEO ?

Standard User bellissimo
(newbie) Wed 18-Apr-12 18:11:56
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Zarjaz:
BT engineer has visited this morning to do tests on my phone line and get me activated on the BT network for BT phone and broadband.

That was my mate Phil, I was the engineer he rang and asked about this issue.

It doesn't help you much with your issue. I'd suggest giving it a few more days, and if not recognised then,
why not try an e-mail to the CEO ?

Yes, he did mention that you recognised the issue from this forum! Thanks for trying at least. I'll check each day and if nothing new develops by the middle of next week then I'll drop Mr Livingston an email.

At least the BT ADSL service is a little quicker than what I got with Sky - it's downloading at around 520KB/s.
Standard User Zarjaz
(knowledge is power) Wed 18-Apr-12 18:17:51
Print Post

OK, good luck, keep us posted.

Standard User R0NSKI
(member) Wed 18-Apr-12 22:34:46
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

When an engineer spots an error in BTs data such as the one in this thread , is there a procedure in place to correct the error?

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Thu 19-Apr-12 00:01:55
Print Post

[re: R0NSKI] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by R0NSKI:
When an engineer spots an error in BTs data such as the one in this thread , is there a procedure in place to correct the error?
Apparently not.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - Plusnet Value Fibre.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Standard User Zarjaz
(knowledge is power) Fri 20-Apr-12 19:58:47
Print Post

[re: R0NSKI] [link to this post]

No, nothing an Openreach engineer can do.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to