General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User R0NSKI
(member) Fri 20-Apr-12 22:47:33
Print Post

Re: Whole street can get Infinity apart from me?

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

That's just plain crazy, your the only guys that can really spot these errors, eventually the database will become so incorrect it'll be next to useless.

I've seen dozens of errors in the spreadsheet just for our area alone.

Standard User nelix01
(committed) Sat 21-Apr-12 08:25:48
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

I have a friend who lives in a shared house. He has his own line taken from a spare pair from the main line into the house (according to his BT eng mate who installed the line)

On the BTW checker the main line can get FTTP however, on his line he can only order ADSL2+. He lives in Cornwall so has asked the Super Fast Cornwall project if there is anything that be done to check it out and I believe they have asked BTW to check the records/routing etc.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sat 21-Apr-12 09:25:22
Print Post

[re: nelix01] [link to this post]

I seem to remember reading not long ago that FTTP can only be supplied in conjunction with one line at the premises. Makes sense from one point of view, as running fibre isn't cheap, and there is a shortage of resources - with plenty of other premises wanting it.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - Plusnet Value Fibre.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User nelix01
(committed) Sat 21-Apr-12 10:18:03
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Isn't 1 fibre split to serve up to 32 premises? If so would not not be easy to provide a second FTTP connection as the main work would already have been completed?
Standard User simon194
(regular) Sat 21-Apr-12 10:25:00
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
I seem to remember reading not long ago that FTTP can only be supplied in conjunction with one line at the premises. Makes sense from one point of view, as running fibre isn't cheap, and there is a shortage of resources - with plenty of other premises wanting it.

I remember reading that. The only option for flats in FTTP only areas will probably be FTTB but I'm not too sure how committed Openreach are to providing that sort of setup because it only gets a cursory mention on their website.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sat 21-Apr-12 13:54:21
Print Post

[re: nelix01] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by nelix01:
Isn't 1 fibre split to serve up to 32 premises? If so would not not be easy to provide a second FTTP connection as the main work would already have been completed?
That sounds likely.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - Plusnet Value Fibre.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Standard User bellissimo
(newbie) Mon 23-Apr-12 12:20:42
Print Post

[re: bellissimo] [link to this post]

The circus act continues. Infinity was showing as available 48 hours of my BT line being activated. Proving that the systems were incorrect. I thought this would be the end of the disastrous experience of dealing with BT but nope there's more opportunities to mess up. When placing the order for Infinity last week, they told me they were having an appointment system problem and I would get a call back in 24 hours which never happened - my order is still pending. So I complained to the BT Care team on Twitter who called me on Sunday only to patch me through to someone to place the booking. I thought yes this is it! But no. Their systems are still saying they can't book an appointment.

So despite all that I am still stuck and BT are still dragging out this hilarious situation. Well it's not so funny anymore and I've run out of patience. Given BT every opportunity to sort this out. I've summarised events in an email to Ian Livingston and I have also submitted a complaint to the Ombudsman Services. Not sure if anything will happen as a result but it's worth a try.
Standard User R0NSKI
(member) Mon 23-Apr-12 13:25:00
Print Post

Have to agree BT OR can be a right pain, my brothers had no broadband since 29 February, if their engineer doesn't fix it tomorrow I will be emailing Ian as well - they nicked his line and cut him off, then when they reconnected him it was on a Dacs line.

Anyway that's a story for another thread should things not get fixed tomorrow.

Good luck with yours.

Standard User bellissimo
(newbie) Tue 24-Apr-12 20:26:52
Print Post

Having failed to get the problem resolved through the BT Care team via Twitter, I emailed Ian Livingston - CEO of BT, who got back to me very quickly and escalated the issue to his staff in order to get this sorted. A member of their Executive Level Complaints team got in touch yesterday and are working on the problem, with the aim to get an appointment arranged by tomorrow with an engineer visit for Saturday (or at least that is what I have requested/demanded).

If the CEO of BT himself can't make this happen then my next email to him will be to ask him to send me the instructions and a toolkit and I'll go and do it myself.
Standard User Zarjaz
(knowledge is power) Wed 25-Apr-12 18:58:50
Print Post

Good luck.

If you do get an appointment for this Saturday, it won't be me, I'm off that day. smile

Keep us posted.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to