General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User bellissimo
(newbie) Wed 25-Apr-12 19:11:23
Print Post

Re: Whole street can get Infinity apart from me?

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

Maybe next weekend then! I've had an update to say it's going to be another 7 days before I can even place my order. Clearly there's something seriously wrong with the system if it's taking this long - I wish I knew the details as IT systems are my thing.
Standard User vettieboo
(learned) Thu 26-Apr-12 19:43:59
Print Post

[re: bellissimo] [link to this post]

Been quite interested in this thread, as I have a very similar problem. Whole street can get FTTC, yet the wholesale checker and BT site say no to 10 houses on one side of our street, including ours. All these houses and the houses opposite that can get FTTC are on the same cabinet. I also emailed Ian Livingston after a shambles with their call centres.

After many emails they confirmed we can actually get the service (Openreach confirmed this) but the checker says no. They provided a workaround, however with the 80/20 update we've been once again knocked off it. I emailed once again and head of complaints returned an email saying they were looking into it. Strangely enough that was 2 weeks ago and nothing has come of it.

I gave up with BT in the meantime and found out Sky were available for FTTC (funny considering BT themselves wont let me!) so I ordered with them. Talktalk also say we can get FTTC, very odd. Hope you have better luck, I understand the frustration with being told no when everyone else around can!
Standard User bellissimo
(newbie) Sat 05-May-12 12:32:16
Print Post

So I eventually managed to get an appointment arranged for today (Saturday 5 May) to have an engineer enable Infinity on my line. Appointment is 8am-1pm. Given its now 12:30pm, I suspected something had gone wrong. I checked the online ordering system which had been saying 5 May for a few days now only to find it has now been moved to 22 May.

I actually have no words to describe how I feel about BT right now. The sheer incompetence of this entire process leaves a very bitter taste. Haven't had a single phone call or email to say that this appointment was cancelled and if I hadn't checked the online system I wouldn't have been any wiser. Absolutely disgusted given that this is the best service I can get since this is the 'Executive Level Complaints' team who supposedly have more power to get things sorted but as far as I'm concerned are just as incompetent as the rest of the organisation.

Why is it so damn difficult for BT to get their act together.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ukhardy07
(experienced) Sat 05-May-12 12:45:12
Print Post

Have you considered trying other ISPs such as sky or talktalk who may have no issues supplying a service?
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 05-May-12 12:49:53
Print Post

[re: ukhardy07] [link to this post]

There is http://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2012/05/bt-issu...

which means installs can get pushed back in some areas, as they try to keep lifeline voice services running.

Andrew Ferguson, [email protected]
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User bellissimo
(newbie) Sat 05-May-12 12:56:05
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

I can assure you there is no flooding or even risk of flooding here in Reading.
Standard User bellissimo
(newbie) Sat 05-May-12 13:00:38
Print Post

[re: ukhardy07] [link to this post]

BT have a messed up database which means other providers will have the exact same problem with 'seeing' my address as being fibre-ready. If BT can't sort this mess out then I have even less of a chance with anyone else. I don't think the other providers have fully rolled out their services to allow people to order anyway.
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Sat 05-May-12 13:08:32
Print Post

Which BT? BT Retail, BT Wholesale or Openreach?

I take it you haven't actually tried anyone else?

_____________________________________________________________________________________________ this is not usenet __________________
Standard User bellissimo
(newbie) Sat 05-May-12 15:24:55
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

I don't know who has messed up the database - it's not my job as the customer to have to worry about these things. My limited understanding is that BT run the network, it is they who control who can have fibre, and other providers pay to use the BT network.

And yes, I have tried ordering Sky Fibre but the only option they give me is to 'register my interest'. I'm on a brand new BT line and contract so if other providers need me to switch then I'm not in a position to.
Standard User doleawg
(member) Sat 05-May-12 17:58:21
Print Post

I had FTTC installed 2 months and at that point the BT website said I couldn't have FTTC. Got mine through ADSL24. BT direct isn't the only answer.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to