General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User ccxo
(committed) Thu 17-May-12 16:55:22
Print Post

Re: Elland - Infinity due June 2012 - But all of Elland?

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

Your postcode on the December information comes back with this.

MYELL ELLAND HX49PT {MYELL}{P10} 0 100% 6.37 9b Yes FTTC

100% of the lines on yout postcode go to cabinet 10 and it is planned to have FTTC in phase 9b.

Their is the April spreadsheet but this is only avalaible to isp's as it has not been leaked.

My Broadband Speed Test
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Wed 23-May-12 17:08:18
Print Post

[re: ccxo] [link to this post]

I'm at HX49JY which I believe is Cabinet 9 - looks like a new green box is being installed now. Will we get fibre as soon as the exchange is enabled? (Smaknows shows as 30/06/12)
Standard User ccxo
(committed) Wed 23-May-12 19:00:13
Print Post

Hi your postcode is split between 2 cabinets

MYELL ELLAND HX49JY {MYELL}{P9} 0 88% 17.79 8a Yes FTTC

MYELL ELLAND HX49JY {MYELL}{P22} 0 11% 19.39 8a Yes FTTC

From the above information 88% of lines in the postcode go to cabinet 9 and it is planned for FTTC.

11% of the lines go to cabinet 22 which is also planned for FTTC, their is a rounding error so not 100%.

Once work at the exchange has finished cabinets will start to go live as soon as they are ready, usually a minium of 10 cabinets. More follow on once they have power and are finished but this can be anywhere from a few weeks to months.

It all depends on the works and delays that effect each cabinet being installed, once its live you can place a order.
One way to tell if the cabinet is live is listen to hear the fans inside the cabinet or check the bt wholesale checker as that will tell you if you can order.

My Broadband Speed Test

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Thu 24-May-12 15:11:17
Print Post

Thank you - very helpful.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Thu 14-Jun-12 09:46:09
Print Post

would someone be so kind to check whether HX4 9BH is covered by the Inifinity upgrade in Elland?
Standard User greenglide
(committed) Thu 14-Jun-12 10:30:20
Print Post

In reply to a post by Anonymous:
would someone be so kind to check whether HX4 9BH is covered by the Inifinity upgrade in Elland?

90% of lines are on P29 which is not planned for FTTC on the December spreadsheet, 10% of lines are on P7 which is planned.

Only way to find out which you are on is to use the BT ADSL Checker for or telephone number - if you are on P7 it will give you estimate data for FTTC while if on P29 it won't.

If you are on an unbundled voice line (SKY or TalkTalk) you will not get any information.

And THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS AN "INFINITY UPGRADE". OpenReach FTTC GEA is being installed which can be used by multiple suppliers (BT, SKY, TT, ADSL, ZEN to name a few).

Ex <n>ildram , been to SKY MAX - 15,225 Download
BE Unlimited - 21,000 Download 1,200 Upload ON THE LINE THAT SKY COULD ONLY PROVIDE 15,255 DOWN AND 800 UP ON!!!,
Moved house, now BE Unlimited 6,500 Down, 1Mb/s up - gutted!
FTTC Cab installation commenced 12th April - expect full 80 / 20 - bye bye BE, hello BT Infinity soon!
Standard User ukwiddy
(newbie) Thu 25-Jul-13 22:06:32
Print Post

Can anyone help me? I'm stuck between a rock (BT) and a hard place (openreach!)

I live on the new Broad Lea estate on the site of the old Gannex Mill in Elland, the postcode is HX5 0EQ. I want Fibre, but both BT and other providers say its not available and Openreach refuse to talk to me.

The main road (Huddersfield Road) is 10 yards from me and is fully covered with Fibre as far as I can tell by entering random postcodes from the street. So surely my street should be too.

The nearest cabinet to me is on Huddersfield Road just off the new estate and I presume that where we are all connected.

So is it a case of not being able to install fibre because its a new build and not being recognised by the system or can I really not have Fibre?

any help appreciated!
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 25-Jul-13 22:11:26
Print Post

[re: ukwiddy] [link to this post]

Enter telephone number into https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html and it will give you the cabinet number for your line, then find the cabinet that has that number on it.

You may find you are not connected to the same cabinet as the other properties nearby.
How new build is it? i.e. if built and just moved in in the last week, then still in the window where you may be waiting for databases to update.

Andrew Ferguson, [email protected]
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Thu 25-Jul-13 22:13:06
Print Post

[re: ukwiddy] [link to this post]

Does your cabinet number 27 have a FTTC twin near to it?

__________________________________________________________________________a bit harsh and a tad childish__________________
Standard User ukwiddy
(newbie) Thu 25-Jul-13 22:19:50
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

my line is currently with Sky so its not recognising the number. frown
The main road is cabinet 19 which has Fibre.

The houses have been up since November 2012
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to