General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sun 15-Apr-12 16:10:04
Print Post

Re: When is Taunton getting FTTP?

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Anonymous:
Yeah they really should have changed their rollout plans for mixed fibre towns once they came up with fttp on demand, i think most would prefer to have fttc if it means they can have it a lot sooner, so far it looks like fttp is actually a bad sign if you want faster broadband any time soon.
You forget that FTTP areas will get it at the standard installation cost for their ISP, which IIRC is £25 for Infinity 40GB and free for Unlimited.

FTTP on demand in FTTC areas is expected to be a few hundred pounds installation instead, because it requires the fibre running there when there is probably perfectly OK copper with FTTC on it already.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - Plusnet Value Fibre.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sun 15-Apr-12 16:18:21
Print Post

FTTP according to the checker spreadsheet is in phase 6b which says completed and 100% rollout.
Most FTTP in the spreadsheets I hav seen refer to Tranches, not Phases. The only FTTP with phases I have seen has been one exchange where there is a lot of FTTC in phase 6b.

I think it is an error in the spreadsheet data for that exchange.
If the spreadsheet says that 100% of the postcode area is being upgraded and it says it has been done, does this mean that I am not going to receive it? Then 100% is not correct, or does it mean that there has been a delay on phase 6b being rolled out? Or another mysterious BT issue that no one ever knows about?
The "YES" under "Deployed" doesn't mean it is completed. It just means it is in the schedule. So at some point in time it will be completed - probably - as at 15 December 2011 planning. You need to follow up any planned roadworks and such close to your cabinet, with your local council planning department.

Phase 6b in each area could be different by months.

My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - Plusnet Value Fibre.

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Sun 22-Apr-12 00:48:25
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

I live on the edge of Taunton/Trull just past queens college. Both street cabinets near my house (on the same stretch of Trull/Honiton Road from Queens College to Trull Green have been upgraded, but I still can't get fttc or fttp.

It's annoying if half the town have it, as we are (without being snobbish) the more affluent area/village and are behind the rest of Taunton.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Sun 22-Apr-12 21:34:57
Print Post

Ive actually just discovered that my Next door neighbours can get Infinity, yet I cant! what a joke!
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sun 22-Apr-12 23:43:50
Print Post

Ive actually just discovered that my Next door neighbours can get Infinity, yet I cant! what a joke!
What does this checker say about your phone number? (Assuming it isn't Sky or TalkTalk LLU).

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Wed 25-Apr-12 20:48:02
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Spoke to some Openreach engineers who were laying fibre today at the top of East Reach in the centre of town. They said FTTC would be available to anyone whose CAB was enabled and line didn't use overhead cabling, the latter would get FTTP.

Taking that with a healthy pinch of salt I think....
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Thu 26-Apr-12 17:07:31
Print Post

Did they say anything else about FTTP?

We know FTTC is available now to almost half the town and there's still some work left to be done on it but what i think everyone else is waiting to know is when exactly FTTP will start to appear, so far it's all C and no P, they really should have been working on both at the same time to be fair.
Standard User Russ_T
(newbie) Tue 01-May-12 10:39:58
Print Post

I have two friends with fibre in Taunton now. One lives on Blackbrook estate near Tescos, and one lives in Trull!

I live on Ilminster road, so overhead phone lines frown I guess I'll be waiting a logn while yet then?
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Sun 06-May-12 14:13:15
Print Post

[re: Russ_T] [link to this post]

Any news or progress seen since last month?
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Tue 05-Jun-12 11:28:08
Print Post

Doesn't look like it...
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to