General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User fibreplease
(newbie) Thu 19-Jul-12 09:17:18
Print Post

Re: When is Taunton getting FTTP?

[re: boliston] [link to this post]

Same here, I had one yesterday. I feel like I'm being taunted (in Taunton). You give them your postcode and land line phone number, then they send you an irrelevant marketing email to wind you up slightly...

Xilo C&W LLU @ 4Mbps
TP-Link TD-8816 and Netgear WNDR3700
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Tue 24-Jul-12 10:48:47
Print Post

[re: fibreplease] [link to this post]

Is any progress being made at all or is that it then, no fibre for the rest?

Someone must know, either we'll have fibre by this time next year or not, they should have just changed the rollout to standard fttc for everyone when they knew they couldn't deliver, probably don't care about ideas like fairness and finishing a job you start, what a joke!
(newbie) Thu 13-Sep-12 11:57:03
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

I emailed the address mentioned in this thread - here

They replied to say that my cabinet (Taunton 115) is scheduled to be rolled out next year with a go live date of around the end of June. They also mentioned that if they experience technical difficulties in the deployment, this could delay or even defer the cabinet.

Xilo C&W LLU @ 4Mbps

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Fri 14-Sep-12 13:01:12
Print Post

Thanks for the update, i thought FTTP didn't need cabinets or are we all getting FTTC now instead?

What id like to know is what they're doing while we wait, once the FTTC half was finished you'd think they would get straight to work on FTTP but i've not noticed any work being done around town since earlier this year, im sure if they had switched to FTTC this wouldn't be an issue for most of now, instead we have to wait for almost a year and who knows if they will deliver, it could be 2014 before we see anything.
Standard User MCM
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 14-Sep-12 13:30:26
Print Post

In reply to a post by Anonymous:
What id like to know is what they're doing while we wait, once the FTTC half was finished...
The UK is somewhat larger than just Taunton and the FTTC teams will have moved on to other areas that are scheduled to get FTTC but where work has not yet started.

As has been said in a number of posts FTTP installation will for the most part not start until the national FTTC roll-out has been broadly completed. Remember installing FTTP is far more labour intensive than installing FTTC however the benefits of having FTTP should be well worth the wait.
(newbie) Sat 22-Dec-12 18:02:05
Print Post

It looks like I've been switched to FTTC. Did the BT Wholesale ADSL Availability Checker this morning and it now tells me that I am planned to get FTTC by 31st March 2013. Estimated speed is 80/20 since the cabinet is very close. Hooray!

Xilo C&W LLU @ 4Mbps
Standard User izools
(experienced) Sat 22-Dec-12 23:13:19
Print Post

In reply to a post by fibreplease:
It looks like I've been switched to FTTC. Did the BT Wholesale ADSL Availability Checker this morning and it now tells me that I am planned to get FTTC by 31st March 2013. Estimated speed is 80/20 since the cabinet is very close. Hooray!

I wish Openreach would do that to me...

I'm on the Exeter exchange which was enabled as part of phase 5a.

At my last address I had FTTC over a year ago.

Where I am now, a "scheduled" FTTP area of the same exchange, nada. Just long line slow and unstable ADSL.

What do Openreach say? They've deferred plans until next spring at the earliest when they may resume work.

(sensei) Sun 23-Dec-12 00:09:00
Print Post

[re: izools] [link to this post]

I think this particular thread is actually about Fibre Through The Pool, but the pool keeps getting bigger in the Taunton area, which makes groundworks a bit difficult.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet Extra Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 54.0/14.9Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User izools
(experienced) Sun 23-Dec-12 16:39:42
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
I think this particular thread is actually about Fibre Through The Pool, but the pool keeps getting bigger in the Taunton area, which makes groundworks a bit difficult.

Haha, Exeter's no better!

The quayside is all but submerged, and my route to work has been converted into a damn for the last few weeks...

A plastic dam has been placed across the railway line at Exeter to minimise flood damage. Steve Hawkins, from Network Rail, explained: "The last time it flooded we lost the railway for two or three days but we lost the signalling equipment, so we had restricted working, for two or three weeks.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-20822798

Edited by izools (Sun 23-Dec-12 16:43:06)

Standard User Andrue
(knowledge is power) Sun 23-Dec-12 20:09:50
Print Post

[re: izools] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by izools:
and my route to work has been converted into a damn for the last few weeks...
As in 'Oh damn, back to work?' smile

I used to live in Exeter many moons ago. Spent my late childhood and teenage years there. I left just before they tore down the ABC cinema. That area has changed even more since those days :-/

---
Andrue Cope
Brackley, UK

Just because he could. RIP.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to