Thanks. Having looked over several packages I'm stalled on either plusnet or BT as they have the least outlay given the connection charges. Seems BT may be swallowing the loss on that one.
Possibly I might just go for 6 months of LLU on another provider (adsl24 perhaps) and wait out some more time until a few more options appear. Things to mull over.
My thanks to all who helped me with replies.
Edited by jackburt0n (Tue 24-Apr-12 00:13:50)