General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 23-Apr-12 20:20:46
Print Post

Re: FTTC while under ADSL contract

[re: Alexir] [link to this post]

Sorry, mixed your suggestion up with another's.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 19 Meg WBC
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Tue 24-Apr-12 00:20:52
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Anonymous:
Before I place an order for ADSL, I will check they will switch the package to FTTC when available
smile
Did you register what I said about the date for your exchange possibly, (probably!), slipping, and that even when your exchange is enabled that doesn't mean you will definitely be able to get it?

You need to supply your postcode, so that we can check the cabinets you may be connected to, and whether they are scheduled for enablement. Many exchanges are marked as enabled with lots of cabinets served from them not enabled. The rumour is that 10 cabinets enabled are sufficient to qualify the exchange. That can leave an awful lot not, either for a fair while or even perhaps not in the foreseeable future.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - Plusnet Value Fibre.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Standard User Michael_Chare
(committed) Tue 24-Apr-12 21:02:04
Print Post

In reply to a post by Anonymous:
I have had enough of O2, and would like to change providers, however, FTTC should be available in June. Therefore, if I change ADSL provider, I will still be under contract when FTTC arrives, so I would like to know what my options could be? Can I keep ADSL and have FTTC at the same time? Thanks in advance.
You need to ask the ISP(s) that you are think of moving to if they would allow an upgrade to FTTC when it becomes available.

Michael Chare

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Wed 25-Apr-12 01:55:45
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Thank you for the new replies.

My postcode was on the list for March 2012 availability for FTTC, but I understand that this will now be June (hopefully). Two massive Openreach lorries were outside a month ago, but no new cabinet has been installed yet. I am hoping this means they have changed plans to FTTP smile

After a week of websites not loading correctly, O2 have today sorted the problem out, so for simplicities sake, I think I will now wait and change providers when fibre is available.
Standard User greenglide
(member) Wed 25-Apr-12 09:20:32
Print Post

And, of course, the attractive FTTC providers NOW may change when your cab is enabled!

If the fibre CAB has not been installed yet I think that the June date is extremely wishful thinking! If (when) it slips to September even that would look optimistic unless OpenReach start rushing around the area as they are in my town. Lots of fibre cabs appearing, mine is installed within 100 metres and forecast full 80/20 - can't wait!

Ex <n>ildram , been to SKY MAX - 15,225 Download
BE Unlimited - 21,000 Download 1,200 Upload,
Moved house, now BE Unlimited 6,500 Down, 1Mb/s up - gutted!
FTTC Cab installation commenced 12th April - expect full 80 / 20 - bye bye BE, hello BT Infinity soon!
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to