General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User prichards
(newbie) Tue 01-May-12 19:45:02
Print Post

Re: ADSL24 High Ping on Weekends

[re: Adsl24] [link to this post]

Thanks very much for the update, Good news about not needing 30 days notice.

Can't wait for the upload!

Thanks again
Standard User qasdfdsaq
(learned) Tue 01-May-12 19:45:24
Print Post

In reply to a post by Adsl24:
In this case we've already raised the issue with their NOC team who are looking in to it,

This is good to know. As a reseller (presuming based on previous posts) this is what I'd expect you to do, so it's good that it is being done.

On the other hand, this begs the question that, if you have passed this issue on appropriately, why the OP received a message to the contrary, i.e. "nothing we can do so every [sic] to help you in this matter."
Standard User Chrysalis
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 01-May-12 20:26:08
Print Post

[re: ltadsl] [link to this post]

isp needs to ditch tinet routing. If they cant or refuse ditch the isp (sorry adsl24).

routing peering issues can be frustrating for customers as I have found 80-90% of time isp's like to play pass the buck and generally dont like fixing such issues.

When I was on a murphx reseller I wasnt happy with the quality of the routing either and left the service although at the same time I dropped adsl altogether so it wasnt my prime reason.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ltadsl
(newbie) Wed 02-May-12 08:11:39
Print Post

In reply to a post by Adsl24:
In this case we've already raised the issue with their NOC team who are looking in to it, but nothing has changed at ADSL24 and forums are generally only a place where you will see a small minority of customers who post about a problem as oppose to the many thousands that don't have any problem at present - just to put that in to perspective smile

Thanks for taking the time, James. Does this mean my issue is being looked into?

edit: Up til now I've had a perfect service with ADSL24 and I'm honestly surprised now that my internet has become unusable for gaming during peak hours. Unfortunately due to work these are the only hours I am able to use it.

Edited by ltadsl (Wed 02-May-12 08:14:19)

ISP Representative Adsl24
(isp) Wed 02-May-12 08:17:35
Print Post

[re: ltadsl] [link to this post]

Yes, but I'm not sure anything will come back that will be of much use. We'll see what the NOC team say.

James
Technical Director, ADSL24

We supply ADSL, ADSL2+, LLU and FTTC VDSL2 services as well as cheap line rental and bundle deals!
Visit our website for the latest offers.
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User Magsy
(committed) Wed 02-May-12 11:35:25
Print Post

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

I agree, I am with Xilo and the 'local' service is great but the line is outperformed a lot of the time by a SKY BB in the same house. Murphx routing / peering / bandwidth is clearly inferior.

A great example for me is YouTube, frequently unusable on XILO but perfect via SKY.
Standard User uno
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 02-May-12 20:02:53
Print Post

[re: Magsy] [link to this post]

Have you raised this with us?

You should do if not. Can't recall any tickets referring to YouTube... but we'll be certainly happy to look.

You'll find routing is mostly GXN for the service you're on who have a very extensive network but I could also say similar things for a backup Sky service I have at home to some US-based sites. Normally only used to benchmark and use in emergencies if our own routed network (AS44574) has issues.

Matt

uno Broadband
t: 0808 221 8642
Official Maidenhead, Milton Keynes & Manchester Speedtest.net Host

Edited by uno (Wed 02-May-12 20:04:07)

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Tue 08-May-12 11:54:44
Print Post

Is there any update on this?
Standard User JAKDWAUGH
(newbie) Tue 08-May-12 23:03:21
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

Hi, I am also a ADSL24 customer and have been noticing high latency recently although I am standard broadband not fibre. I am logged into the same Teamspeak server every day and have had a ping of around 17ms for a good year now but starting a week ago, during peak times my ping varies right up as high as 200ms. It's the same for a lot of game servers too, download speed is unaffected and some servers still seem to give the good ping. Any chance this issue is related?

I don't understand most of the tech talk in this thread but i just want to know if this is a problem that is being looked into or if i should just change ISP..

Thanks in advance.
Jak
ISP Representative Adsl24
(isp) Wed 09-May-12 08:52:17
Print Post

[re: JAKDWAUGH] [link to this post]

Well, as discussed in the thread to date, the latency is not occurring on our network, but on one of the peer network that is used to route to the destination server.

We're not having any tickets or support calls raised about latency at the moment so there is certainly no real problem that we are aware of.

We would need you to provide a trace route to the IP of the server you are using so we can see where the latency may be coming from.

To do this, presuming you are on Windows, click on Start and type CMD in the search/run box - then press enter. This will open the command prompt window.

Type: tracert x.x.x.x and press enter, replacing x.x.x.x with the IP of the server you are experiencing the latency on.

Once it completes, right click with the mouse and choose Select All, then right click Copy.

You can then paste the results here for us to advise smile

James
Technical Director, ADSL24

We supply ADSL, ADSL2+, LLU and FTTC VDSL2 services as well as cheap line rental and bundle deals!
Visit our website for the latest offers.
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to