General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | [10] | 11 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Numpty999
(newbie) Fri 04-Jan-13 12:13:14
Print Post

Re: Westhoughton FTTC

[re: tpiil] [link to this post]

I checked BT checker yesterday and it gave holding response for FTTC but changed to available this morning so have ordered Plusnet Unlimited for tentative install in a weeks time. Lets see if they can give me an install that quickly. I was expecting 2 or 3 weeks. Suggested speed is 56mbps down and 18mbps up and I think we are on cab 25 at bottom of Eatock Way
Standard User rainingmud
(newbie) Sat 05-Jan-13 13:17:22
Print Post

[re: Numpty999] [link to this post]

Ordered mine from BT with the £50 sainsburys voucher thing. My install date is 18th Jan on Hartford road.
Estimated speeds seem abit slow but its alot better than the 4Mb i get now smile

Your download speed should be: 21.8Mb

Your upload speed should be: 5.4Mb

Will keep you updated
Standard User Numpty999
(newbie) Fri 11-Jan-13 13:53:54
Print Post

[re: rainingmud] [link to this post]

Just had FTTC installed this morning. BT man showed us his test kit. BT Line Checker predicted 56/18 before install, BT mans kit 87/30 and latest speedtest since he's gone is 77/16.

Happy bunnies here.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User FTTC1234
(newbie) Tue 15-Jan-13 20:38:38
Print Post

Hi Numpty, great outcome, could you post your before and after line stats? and what speed you synced before the upgrade? I am connected to cab 25, same as you, would be interested to know. Thanks
Standard User Numpty999
(newbie) Wed 16-Jan-13 12:25:25
Print Post

[re: FTTC1234] [link to this post]

I seem to recall down stream attenuation was 58db with a rough line distance estimate from exchange of 3300metres. From FTTC cab 25 using Google Earth I think our line path is probably about 400metres.

On ADSL2+ we got about 3mbps down and 0.7mbps up. Before FTTC was installed the BT checker suggested we might get 56mpbs down/16mbps up.

We looked at the BT mans test kit when he just finished the automated check at our master socket and it showed 87mpbs down/30 mbps up. A good line as he said.

Then we fired up the BT modem and connected to our Billion 7800n router and with a wired link directly into the router got a speedtest of 72mbps down and 16 mbps up.

My lad is going to try to unlock the BT modem to get our FTTC line stats.
Standard User rainingmud
(newbie) Sat 19-Jan-13 10:41:28
Print Post

Here is ours, not super flying speed but its alot better than before smile

Before 4.06/0.37
http://www.speedtest.net/result/2442750145.png
After 30.45/6.06
http://www.speedtest.net/result/2447001154.png
Standard User beastwez
(newbie) Thu 28-Mar-13 09:30:13
Print Post

[re: rainingmud] [link to this post]

Has anyone on the Hoskers (like us) had any success with BT Infinity yet? I see someone on Hartford road has gone live which is only a stones throw away, yet yesterday, I rung BT to get an idea on timescale, I was told March 2014 frown(((((
Even though on the map, it says Accepting Orders. Odd!
Standard User ccxo
(experienced) Thu 28-Mar-13 13:46:39
Print Post

[re: beastwez] [link to this post]

Thats just the exchange, your pcp if connected to one needs to have a FTTC twin installed before you can place a order.
Use the below checker with a BT number or use the address checker if you have a Sky/TT number but do not use the Postcode checker as its less accurate and can cover many cabinets.
The checker will tell you which cabinet you are on and will update to when you can order FTTC.

https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

Orange BB 5856/448
Standard User beastwez
(newbie) Wed 23-Apr-14 19:27:00
Print Post

[re: ccxo] [link to this post]

Well, March 2014 came and went. Still no Fibre even though BT have slapped a sticker on the box saying superfast broadband is live and ready!
Laughable seeing as the streets around us have it installed.
Standard User ccxo
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 23-Apr-14 19:38:33
Print Post

[re: beastwez] [link to this post]

The stickers have no relation to the service being live, only the BT wholesale adsl checker will tell you if the service is live.-use address for TT or Sky phone number.

Orange BB 5856/448
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | [10] | 11 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to