General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | [11] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User David_Roberts
(member) Mon 19-May-14 23:56:39
Print Post

Re: Westhoughton FTTC

[re: ccxo] [link to this post]

I'm on Cabinet 32, which isn't going to get FTTC. I'm just inside Blackrod, near the Mercure Hotel.

Anyone know where Cabinet 32 is?

Forever stuck on 4Mbit down and not much up either it seems frown
Standard User beastwez
(newbie) Tue 30-Sep-14 09:22:55
Print Post

Re: Westhoughton FTTC STILL not live :(

[re: David_Roberts] [link to this post]

This is driving me insane. Well, not quite, but it is irritating.

So upon checking the BT wholesale site back in March 2014, when it said it's due to be live 31st March 2014, then come April, the date had been put back to 30th Sept 2014. I check today (30th September) and the fibre option has flaming disappeared altogether frown
So I ring BT who have now said it should be live by September 2015 frown((((((
Rubbish!

The annoying thing is there are tonnes of streets around us, behind us, one street away, over the road etc etc which all have it grrrrr

Does anyone have any email addresses for anyone at openreach or BT etc who can provide any further details other than the call centre who just don't have any information?

Cheers!
Standard User Ribble
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 30-Sep-14 10:17:02
Print Post

[re: David_Roberts] [link to this post]

I'm on Cabinet 32, which isn't going to get FTTC.

Yes it will

Http://goo.gl/maps/rbpAs

Edited by Ribble (Tue 30-Sep-14 10:19:39)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User David_Roberts
(member) Tue 04-Nov-14 22:24:30
Print Post

[re: Ribble] [link to this post]

Yeah I realised where it was some time ago. When I posted, PCP 32 was not viable, then it got earmarked for BDUK funding (when fttc-check site was up and running).

It looks like some power works are due to be started at the end of this week, and some telephone ducts along the A6 are being cleared too.. (info from roadworks.org). At least something appears to be happening sooner than later.. !

Last I read on the very scarce information, it was due to go live by June 2015.. :/

We'll see eh? smile
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | [11] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to