General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | (show all)   Print Thread
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Wed 30-May-12 18:13:22
Print Post

Re: Westhoughton FTTC

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

I tried the cableupmystreet about 12 months ago and they said they only had a budget of £300 per property to install with some assumed level of take up thereafter.
VM a complete waste of time if you ask me.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Wed 30-May-12 23:25:54
Print Post

I am also keeping an eye on infinity in our area, does anyone know which is the nearest box to the daisy hill area ( hartford road ) cheers
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Thu 31-May-12 09:01:26
Print Post

I was on my way to work this morning, and how I said i seen a white van a week or so back installing fiber optics near Chequerbent roundabout, well this morning I saw a huge reel of fiber optic on Bolton Road with a sign up saying Fujitsu in partnership with Virgin Media, then with a little digging online found this page

http://www.fiberopticmania.com/2011/04/fujitsu-virgi...

Looks like Virgin are expanding coverage via the new Fujitsu network over BT poles and ducts, and have seen them in Westhoughton

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Thu 31-May-12 11:02:19
Print Post

Just had a look on the spreadsheet for you, Hartford Road is on Cabinet 26
Standard User ccxo
(committed) Thu 31-May-12 17:31:55
Print Post

In reply to a post by Anonymous:
I was on my way to work this morning, and how I said i seen a white van a week or so back installing fiber optics near Chequerbent roundabout, well this morning I saw a huge reel of fiber optic on Bolton Road with a sign up saying Fujitsu in partnership with Virgin Media, then with a little digging online found this page

http://www.fiberopticmania.com/2011/04/fujitsu-virgi...

Looks like Virgin are expanding coverage via the new Fujitsu network over BT poles and ducts, and have seen them in Westhoughton

The news post is old news, the only work where fujitsu have delpyed their own network on BT poles is in a small trial in Greasby.

What is more likely is that the fibre being put in by fujitsu is for VM upgrade to their network.

My Broadband Speed Test
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Sun 17-Jun-12 19:53:09
Print Post

[re: ccxo] [link to this post]

see date has now gone back to Sept 12. i will believe it when i see my own personal fttc install.
Standard User ccxo
(committed) Sun 17-Jun-12 23:07:22
Print Post

September is just the next 3 month holding date from June, many exchanges and cabs that where planned for June will either meet that date or slip over by a few weeks or more.

My Broadband Speed Test
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Mon 18-Jun-12 09:27:46
Print Post

I am sure that the original date for this FTTC Install was December 2011, then it slipped to March, then June, now September, I mean, it wouldn't be so bad if it slipped just the once, but i've been waiting for the best part of 2 years haha, and so it to slip to September, starts making you wonder if its ever going to come..
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Mon 18-Jun-12 12:16:50
Print Post

Okay first one that spots any work near a cabinet let the other know. I know where Cabs 25, 26 and I think 31 are.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Mon 18-Jun-12 12:31:28
Print Post

Cab 26 near the church? its spray painted DSLAM on the ground next to it.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to