General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User ccxo
(experienced) Sat 07-Jul-12 18:05:41
Print Post

Re: Westhoughton FTTC

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

It will use the December 2011 spreadsheet data, so its 8 months old now.

All the data lists is a deployment phase which can slip for many cabinets, only way of knowing is to check the bt wholesale checker for when the cabinet will go live- if it was planned.

My Broadband Speed Test
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Tue 10-Jul-12 15:49:35
Print Post

[re: ccxo] [link to this post]

I haven't seen any work being done as of yet, they must see that the new holding date as an opportunity to stop doing everything again, its getting a little ridiculous haha
Standard User ccxo
(experienced) Tue 10-Jul-12 16:00:25
Print Post

The rollout moves at best speed, its likely that the teams are busy on other cabinets before they can get round to your cab and any delays causes cabinets to fall down the list, their are still many areas without FTTC even planned.

My Broadband Speed Test

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Tue 24-Jul-12 12:17:19
Print Post

[re: ccxo] [link to this post]

More Openreach trucks/vans with big reels of cable near the White Horse pub on the A6 and down Bolton Road
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Tue 24-Jul-12 17:29:06
Print Post

I think, realistically we should start seeing some work soon, if they actually intend on meeting the September holding date, as haven't seen a single cab installation yet, no roads dug for electrical installation or anything, I think if they started now it would be a push to complete for end of September.
ISP Representative Adsl24
(isp) Tue 24-Jul-12 21:20:38
Print Post

FYI those are not cable reels, just empty pipes which they lay underground. Openreach then blow the fibre through once the pipe is in place smile

James
Technical Director, ADSL24

We supply ADSL, ADSL2+, LLU and FTTC VDSL2 services as well as cheap line rental and bundle deals!
Visit our website for the latest offers.
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Wed 25-Jul-12 13:06:36
Print Post

[re: Adsl24] [link to this post]

James as you will have the latest Openreach/BT deployment spreadsheet what does it say for Cab 25 and Cab 26 around the BL5 2RY post code ?
ISP Representative Adsl24
(isp) Wed 25-Jul-12 13:33:49
Print Post

It still says both cabs are planned so you will get it smile No cabs have gone live yet in Westhoughton. You are on cab 25.

James

James
Technical Director, ADSL24

We supply ADSL, ADSL2+, LLU and FTTC VDSL2 services as well as cheap line rental and bundle deals!
Visit our website for the latest offers.
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Mon 03-Sep-12 11:49:46
Print Post

[re: Adsl24] [link to this post]

Hi everyone, I am one of cabinet 25 people, still no signs of any upgrades for BT upgrading the cabinets around Westhoughton, I decided to email Ian Livingston asking for an update on availability. He replied to me stating that the Westhoughton exchange was due for enablement, however cabinet 25 has no plans for infinity frown ....depressing news after such a wait.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Wed 19-Sep-12 07:17:51
Print Post

BT Openreach van outside Daisy Hill station at 6:45am this morning laying the thin black pipe that the fibre is blown through. Slow signs of progress I guess.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to