General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | [7] | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User tpiil
(newbie) Wed 26-Sep-12 14:32:05
Print Post

Re: bolton FTTC

[re: ccxo] [link to this post]

Of what I can read it sounds like cabinet 26 is going to have FTTC. Does anybody have this information from BT also?
Standard User Simon26
(newbie) Mon 01-Oct-12 11:48:35
Print Post

Re: Westhoughton FTTC

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

Can someone advise on when we are likely to get fibre at the Westhoughton Exchange?

I noticed the RFS date has been put back to December 2012

My postcode is BL5 3DH and i think i'm on cabinet P19, which is in phase 8a - what does that mean?

Many thanks
Simon
Standard User WWWombat
(experienced) Mon 01-Oct-12 12:53:17
Print Post

[re: Simon26] [link to this post]

The phase number indicates when the exchange/cabinet was announced as being within the FTTx project.

Obviously cabinets announced in later phases also tend to be installed later, but it isn't necessarily so. When the announcements are made, some exchanges get planned within the next 3 months, while some are stuck a year away.

In the end it means that the phase number tells you very little about the actual delivery.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User WWWombat
(experienced) Mon 01-Oct-12 12:56:42
Print Post

The DSL checker here tends to be reasonable about it's estimate. However, it suffers the usual problem that the quarterly holding dates (end March, June, September and December) regularly get pushed back.

You're likely to get more specific detail by emailing this address: [email protected]
Standard User Simon26
(newbie) Mon 01-Oct-12 13:15:07
Print Post

[re: WWWombat] [link to this post]

Thank you for the quick response - much appreciated
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Mon 01-Oct-12 16:36:45
Print Post

If you look at Cab 25, its situated within a couple of meters of a main virgin media fibre optic cab, BT should consider striking a deal to share fibre infrastructure, it would help them tremendously lol
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Fri 26-Oct-12 12:21:31
Print Post

Saw another Openreach truck with black "cable" on it this morning ....wait for it, wait for it .....broken down on the M61 north bounad exit at the Reebox stadium junction ...........
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Sat 27-Oct-12 13:19:18
Print Post

Saw more Openreach trucks on Market Street late last night putting black cable conduit in and mid day Sat saw two vans with blokes opposite Grey Man pub doing what looked like duct unblocking ?
Standard User Simon26
(newbie) Mon 29-Oct-12 13:07:26
Print Post

There were some Openreach vans at the top of Park Road on Friday and Saturday, with large rolls of plastic conduit.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Sun 04-Nov-12 10:22:45
Print Post

Saw the guys rodding ducts again on the opposite side of the road on Saturday to where I saw them a week ago.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | [7] | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to