General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | [8] | 9 | 10 | 11 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User rainingmud
(newbie) Wed 21-Nov-12 16:28:13
Print Post

Re: Westhoughton FTTC

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

Looks like the date has been set back to march 2013 now guys
Standard User Numpty999
(newbie) Sat 24-Nov-12 09:48:07
Print Post

[re: rainingmud] [link to this post]

I see there are bases being laid all over the place ready for the new FTTC cabinets.

Lets hope the March date will be met
Standard User Numpty999
(newbie) Sun 25-Nov-12 17:13:19
Print Post

[re: Numpty999] [link to this post]

cabinets at top of wearish lane and on righthand side down towards daisyhill station. Seem to go in Fri/Sat

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User FTTC1234
(newbie) Wed 28-Nov-12 14:00:42
Print Post

[re: Numpty999] [link to this post]

I have a question for anyone who wants to answer, I can see that the holding date is now set at March 2013, and the cabs are going in, does anybody now whether cabs are switched on when ready, or have to wait for all cabs then all switched on at the same time? and could this happen before March 2013? what kind of speed could I expect being 690 Meters from it? Thanks
Standard User R0NSKI
(experienced) Wed 28-Nov-12 15:46:09
Print Post

[re: FTTC1234] [link to this post]

Simple answer is they will switch on cabinets as and when they become ready, could start with one cabinet or multiple cabinets.

Our first cabinets went live in May, cabinets are still going live now.

And yes cabinets could well go live before March, unfortunately it's just a waiting game, all depends on what problems they come across.

Standard User FTTC1234
(newbie) Wed 28-Nov-12 16:25:42
Print Post

[re: R0NSKI] [link to this post]

Thanks for the response, do you have any idea roughly how long it takes them to go live once installed?
Standard User R0NSKI
(experienced) Wed 28-Nov-12 20:10:29
Print Post

No, it as I say above, it can be weeks or it can years - yes some peoples cabinet on here have been installed for over twelve months and are still not live.

Our cabinet was installed in February, they seem to install the cabinets first, then they put in the tie cables, power and fibre, but that could be in any order. There can be problems getting the fibre from the exchange - blocked ducts, the further from the exchange the greater the chance of blocked ducts, which have to be dug and replaced or cleared if possible, or there could be unexpected problems with getting power to the cabinet, there's so many variables.

One whole side of Margate, six cabs were held up because of block ducts recently, cabinets had been in for over six months, but I believe BT had to wait to dig up the road, one for the Olympic torch route, and then they had to wait to school half term, so not to cause to much traffic disruption, so as you can imagine there's a lot more than just running in a few cabinets. Those six cabinets all went live at the same time, so that one section of duct was holding them up.

Standard User rainingmud
(newbie) Fri 30-Nov-12 10:23:37
Print Post

[re: R0NSKI] [link to this post]

Cabinet 26 has now been fitted outside the church, Daisy Hill
Standard User FTTC1234
(newbie) Fri 30-Nov-12 10:40:20
Print Post

[re: rainingmud] [link to this post]

I have seen that cabs 25 and 28 also been upgraded, I wonder if installation is complete, eg power and fibre to them though, as tarmac has dug and filled so I would assume that power had been connected when they did this?
Standard User R0NSKI
(experienced) Fri 30-Nov-12 11:53:16
Print Post

not always, often they will dig them up multiple times.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | [8] | 9 | 10 | 11 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to