General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 18-May-12 09:30:17
Print Post

Re: Sky fibre problem

[re: speedyrite] [link to this post]

After a little thinking I suspect the issue is this

Sky WLR and broadband elsewere, to Sky full LLU with fibre is a transition too far for their billing system to handle at present.

Andrew Ferguson, [email protected]
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Fri 18-May-12 11:41:45
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Yes, that was my conclusion, not a 'true' technical issue at all! To be honest I would wait for Sky to fix this, but have read that cabs have been known to reach capacity - is that true? Thinking about my plan to install a second line, if I wanted Sky FTTC on this it would have to be a Sky line. Unfortunately I have heard Sky will not provision a second line if your first line is with them? Anyone know if this is really the case? Am at a loss now as to which way to turn.

Steve
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Fri 18-May-12 12:05:12
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

You can get a second line with sky but you have to have a new account, also different name on the account. And you will also be able to order 80/20 at the same time for a SIM provide. Sky are charging £52.08 in total (£50 for line and £2.08 for router)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Fri 18-May-12 12:16:15
Print Post

So the second account would not carry the requirement of say the minimum TV package?

Steve
Standard User greenglide
(member) Fri 18-May-12 12:37:57
Print Post

The TV package is never mandatory - it just reduces the price.

Ex <n>ildram , been to SKY MAX - 15,225 Download
BE Unlimited - 21,000 Download 1,200 Upload,
Moved house, now BE Unlimited 6,500 Down, 1Mb/s up - gutted!
FTTC Cab installation commenced 12th April - expect full 80 / 20 - bye bye BE, hello BT Infinity soon!
Standard User ukhardy07
(experienced) Fri 18-May-12 13:14:52
Print Post

You say your existing line has Xilo LLU

I THOUGHT that you had Sky LLU broadband, phone, line renatal.

So perhaps the migration from a different ISP to sky fibre is the issue here.
Standard User speedyrite
(regular) Fri 18-May-12 14:30:35
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Yes that's probably it.

It's a pity really because there are clearly many people who want the product from Sky and are getting quite cross about being told they can't have it, especially when they know they can have it from a competitor from whom they don't really want it!

I suppose it's the old story of not getting the systems properly sorted out and tested for all the scenarios (or at least all the most likely scenarios) before releasing the product.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Fri 18-May-12 15:29:03
Print Post

[re: ukhardy07] [link to this post]

Sorry, i did mention Xilo LLU in my second post, sorry for any confusion. Sky LLU was not available in my area originally (is now) and I went with Xilo after a few miserable months on Sky connect. Anyway, I have contacted Sky and they cannot provision a second line if you already have a line with them. So that's out. I have also contacted Xilo and there might be a way forward here. They (Xilo) say they are about to introduce a new range of fibre packages, so I'll wait to see what transpires. I had originally rejected Xilo on cost and usage cap grounds (£41 odd with 80GB cap) yes they do cheaper ones but none were suitable.

Regards

Steve
Standard User simon194
(regular) Mon 21-May-12 00:46:21
Print Post

[re: greenglide] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by greenglide:
The TV package is never mandatory - it just reduces the price.

You don't get a reduction on the fibre product if you take a TV package,it's only the Broadband Unlimited (ADSL) one that has the discount.
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to