General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User qasdfdsaq
(member) Mon 28-May-12 11:17:00
Print Post

Re: Posters on Cabs.

[re: FRS_Plunderer] [link to this post]

Indeed one could see the statement "Fibre broadband is here" as a simply neutral description that "this is a fibre broadband cabinet"

Much like if you were to put a poster on a bus stop saying "Bus service is here"
Standard User Zarjaz
(knowledge is power) Mon 28-May-12 17:04:19
Print Post

must be a bot.

A bot whit ?

Standard User gazter
(learned) Mon 28-May-12 20:11:01
Print Post

[re: MCM] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MCM:
In reply to a post by Moradin:
Also, i thought openreach were supposed to be ''neutral' and treat all ISPs the same. ? obviously plastering BT all over the cab doesn't meet that requirement.... ?
They are being neutral. The posters say "Fibre broadband is here", NOT "Infinity is here"

BT *retail* asked my council to fund 50% of their infinity advertising launch. I told them where to go.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User FRS_Plunderer
(experienced) Mon 28-May-12 21:06:15
Print Post

[re: gazter] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by gazter:
BT *retail* asked my council to fund 50% of their infinity advertising launch. I told them where to go.

Who BT or the council?

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User kwikbreaks
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 28-May-12 22:28:43
Print Post

[re: dave2150] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by dave2150:
Well their Coax system can deliver faster downstream speeds than FTTC can, so not sure how you can say that.

Cable may well be able to deliver higher headline speed but it runs into problems if many of the subscribers actually start to use those speeds for a sustained period because the local bandwidth is very limited - typically several hundred users on a pipe that can do 200Mbps down and 18Mbps up and VM were selling unlimited 100/10 on that infrastructure until very recently.
Standard User gazter
(regular) Mon 28-May-12 22:47:00
Print Post

In reply to a post by FRS_Plunderer:
In reply to a post by gazter:

Who BT or the council?

BT. It's fantastic that BT openreach are upgrading some of the area with FTTC, it is a bit duplicitous for them to meet with the council and ask them to half fund a BT Infinity campaign (with the assumption presented that the two things were the same thing).

Naughty, Naughty.
Standard User kwikbreaks
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 29-May-12 09:29:06
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Zarjaz:
Really, not so much of an issue is it ?

It's no issue at all for me. Most street cabs in my neck of the woods end up getting fly postered and/or graffiti but it seemed strange to hear that BT were using their cabs as advertising hordings - usually the council likes a cut for anything like that. If they are just simple identification stickers as was mentioned later then I doubt that's an issue even for the jobsworths.
Standard User gazter
(regular) Tue 29-May-12 18:13:38
Print Post

[re: kwikbreaks] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by kwikbreaks:
In reply to a post by Zarjaz:
Really, not so much of an issue is it ?

It's no issue at all for me. Most street cabs in my neck of the woods end up getting fly postered and/or graffiti but it seemed strange to hear that BT were using their cabs as advertising hordings - usually the council likes a cut for anything like that. If they are just simple identification stickers as was mentioned later then I doubt that's an issue even for the jobsworths.

The highway authority (that owns the piece of land that the cabinet sits on) must give permission for permanent advertisements. However there are exclusions to this, i dont know if utility companies are part of the exclusion.
Standard User dave2150
(experienced) Wed 30-May-12 02:35:36
Print Post

[re: kwikbreaks] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by kwikbreaks:
In reply to a post by dave2150:
Well their Coax system can deliver faster downstream speeds than FTTC can, so not sure how you can say that.

Cable may well be able to deliver higher headline speed but it runs into problems if many of the subscribers actually start to use those speeds for a sustained period because the local bandwidth is very limited - typically several hundred users on a pipe that can do 200Mbps down and 18Mbps up and VM were selling unlimited 100/10 on that infrastructure until very recently.

You happen to know that every single Virgin Media hub/pipe has 'hundreds' us users sharing a 200mbit bandwidth connection? Source for this information?

Im aware of congestion in some areas but many people are happpy with their connection and do see the headline speeds on a regular basis.

============
Sky ADSL
============
Standard User jamieearl
(newbie) Fri 01-Jun-12 11:42:57
Print Post

[re: dave2150] [link to this post]

Has anyone had a look at the site? Its a website that talks about broadband and shows a list of providers. Nothing more so some people need to get off their high horse and get over it. Its a sticker!

ADSL24 soon to be Talktalk FTTC
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to