General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User izools
(experienced) Mon 28-May-12 00:45:22
Print Post

Re: Anyone else getting annoyed about FTTP?

[re: zag164] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by zag164:
It is a massive infrastructure operation to install FTTP and if Openreach were forced to stick to quoted timelines all you would see is estimation dates get pushed further back.

Quite frankly if you are getting FTTP then you are one of the few very lucky ones.

I don't know, I'd rather be in an area that'd already had FTTC for a year than an area that won't have FTTP for a year yet... Especially with the FTTC cap having been raised to 80/20

BT Infinity #2 - 8.7MBps via P2P ¦ Full 80/20 Sync ¦
BT / Openreach - You've finally done well. Very well indeed.
Standard User Alex1M6
(learned) Mon 28-May-12 04:40:35
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

No, we don't even have decent ADSL in most parts here let alone FTTC...
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Mon 28-May-12 13:03:39
Print Post

[re: zag164] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by zag164:
Quite frankly if you are getting FTTP then you are one of the few very lucky ones.

You know what i thought i was lucky to be getting FTTP when i found out over a year ago but it turns out if all you want is a decent connection 40/10 is enough and i could be enjoying that now if it had been FTTC, so no it's not lucky to see FTTP when you have to wait years for it.

If we had some idea what's going on it might not be so bad, i can wait but there's literally no evidence work is being done when it comes to FTTP in many towns, i don't understand how they can justify giving half a town fibre and then slowly/not finishing the job.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to