General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Alexir
(learned) Fri 01-Jun-12 06:22:13
Print Post

Re: FTTC install - Huawei modem - IP address clash etc?

[re: oxygendebt] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by oxygendebt:
I intend to give the FTTC a week (10 days?) to settle

Why 10 days to settle?
Standard User kasg
(experienced) Fri 01-Jun-12 10:58:02
Print Post

[re: Alexir] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Alexir:
In reply to a post by oxygendebt:
I intend to give the FTTC a week (10 days?) to settle

Why 10 days to settle?

Probably because that, unfortunately, is still what most ISPs are telling their customers.

Kevin

plusnet Extra 80/20 trial
Using OpenDNS
Standard User greenglide
(member) Fri 01-Jun-12 12:14:59
Print Post

[re: qasdfdsaq] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by qasdfdsaq:
I used 192.168.1.2 and it worked fine.

I was very surprised when it didnt work on 192.168.1.19 but then following the instructions to use 192.168.1.100 it did.

Since I wasnt going to do it again to prove absolutely I made the assumption that the statement in instructions was correct.

Still dont know why it wouldnt work on 192.168.1.19 but not really bothered smile

Ex <n>ildram , been to SKY MAX - 15,225 Download
BE Unlimited - 21,000 Download 1,200 Upload,
Moved house, now BE Unlimited 6,500 Down, 1Mb/s up - gutted!
FTTC Cab installation commenced 12th April - expect full 80 / 20 - bye bye BE, hello BT Infinity soon!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User BobAsh
(newbie) Tue 05-Jun-12 12:21:26
Print Post

[re: oxygendebt] [link to this post]

192.168.1.1 is considered the default IP for the majority of home high-speed wireless routers. It has been initially applied by Linksys although has been seen used in several other home network products just like the ones made by Netgear as well as Westell to mention a few.

Even though www.192.168.1.1 stands out as the default ip for a lot of high-speed modems, it doesn't essentially need to be. A number of production facilities set the default IP to 192.168.1.1 to be able to publicize a far more standard processing natural environment and to make it simpler for very first time clients to arrange their own networking systems easily and quickly.

May only Linksys and various other wireless routers operate using the 192.168.1.1 IP address?

Basically no, given that 192.168.1.1 can be described as non-public IPv4 address, any type of personal computer, modem, switch, and other web-based system could be set up to employ this unique IP. Having said that, it isn't generally advised seeing as there are lots of products which default to 192-168-1-1 default IP of which connections complications could appear later on from many different units employing the same IP address. Additionally it is very important to try to remember that just one single network equipment might have one Ip, in case you possess various units using 192.168.1.1, just about one ought to be adjusted to another location.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Tue 05-Jun-12 13:07:29
Print Post

[re: BobAsh] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by BobAsh:
192.168.1.1 is considered the default IP for the majority of home high-speed wireless routers. It has been initially applied by Linksys although has been seen used in several other home network products just like the ones made by Netgear as well as Westell to mention a few.
If you check the Netgear 834 series you will find they are 192.168.0.1. I can't vouch for other Netgears.

Thomson Speedtouch (BeBox) 192.168.0.1 so far as I know. But the O2 box uses 192.168.1.254.

My Buffalo Airstation is 192.168.11.1.

BT Home Hub is 192.168.1.254 I think.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - Plusnet Value Fibre.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edited by RobertoS (Tue 05-Jun-12 15:01:54)

Moderator billford
(moderator) Tue 05-Jun-12 13:17:45
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

The Billion 7800N (can't speak for other versions) also defaults to 192.168.1.254.

But as my first few routers used 192.168.1.1, that what everything else on the LAN is expecting and it's easier to change the router's IP than change all the others (and probably miss one...).

Bill
[email protected] __________________Planes and Boats and ... __________________BQM
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband moderator but it does not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Oliver341
(knowledge is power) Tue 05-Jun-12 13:20:18
Print Post

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
If you check the Netgear 834 series you will find they are 192.168.0.1. I can't vouch for other Netgears.

Yeah, he's wrong on that, but at least he's managed to sneak a couple of backlinks to his websites in his post blush

Oliver.

Edited by Oliver341 (Tue 05-Jun-12 13:20:54)

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Tue 05-Jun-12 14:44:47
Print Post

[re: Oliver341] [link to this post]

Two different websites. One with "whois" completely hidden, the other looks to be Belgrade based, with information, interalia on Genital Warts.

I think he's just copy and pasted from them both, but a bit odd that they are both associated with IntelligentMag.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - Plusnet Value Fibre.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Standard User MHC
(legend) Tue 05-Jun-12 14:50:42
Print Post

Thomson Speedtouch series are all 192.168.0.1 so far as I know.

BT Home Hub is 192.168.1.254 I think.

To add ...

I have a Speedtouch and that is 10.0.0.138 by default

and BT busienss 2wire 2700.2701 hub is also 192.168.1.254

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
Standard User Oliver341
(knowledge is power) Tue 05-Jun-12 15:07:55
Print Post

Two different websites. One with "whois" completely hidden, the other looks to be Belgrade based, with information, interalia on Genital Warts.

I think he's just copy and pasted from them both, but a bit odd that they are both associated with IntelligentMag.

And they both share the same IP address. Throw in that it's his first post and I suspect ham for dinner!

Oliver.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to