General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Ribble
(committed) Mon 04-Jun-12 11:18:17
Print Post

Re: FTTP from 2nd July Pricing.

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

On the face of it on no, but there is very little detail about it that its far from certain.
Standard User Spasch
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 04-Jun-12 11:31:54
Print Post

[re: tpn] [link to this post]

It's my understanding that the FTTP on Demand product will be available for people who have exchange only lines as currently there is no possibility of getting any fibre product. The caveat will be that the product will only be available in exchanges that are already enabled for FTTC as a significant amount of the infrastructure is already in place.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Mon 04-Jun-12 18:12:42
Print Post

[re: Spasch] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Spasch:
It's my understanding that the FTTP on Demand product will be available for people who have exchange only lines as currently there is no possibility of getting any fibre product. The caveat will be that the product will only be available in exchanges that are already enabled for FTTC as a significant amount of the infrastructure is already in place.
?
You've got me puzzled there. Where does that suggestion come from?

I'm not saying it is wrong, but I don't see a fibre run from the exchange to a single user happening. As in "fibre on demand", which as I understand it will be only for people already able to get FTTC.

It is possible that EO lines will get FTTP, I agree, but only as part of a general rollout to affected areas.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - Plusnet Value Fibre.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ccxo
(committed) Mon 04-Jun-12 18:21:45
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Update 1:30pm: We asked Openreach about the issue of Exchange Only lines back in April 2012, and received a response regarding those lines or groups of lines run directly from the exchange, which is usually those closest to the exchange or new estates located further from the exchange. Openreach has said that where technically and economically feasible they will provide either a FTTC (via new cabinet) or FTTP service, this is done on a case-by-case basis as the roll-outs progress. We believe pressure to hit the 66% figure as soon as possible, means these areas will mainly be waiting until 2014, or for the various BDUK projects to start producing results.

This is what is known officaly about EO lines, taken from this news article on the front page

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/5223-openreach-co...

My Broadband Speed Test
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to