General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Bald_Eagle1
(committed) Sun 24-Jun-12 17:08:33
Print Post

Re: Attainable rate has dropped from 88999 / 30000 to 46818

[re: truex360] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by truex360:
the only thing i can see that has change is my neighbors had a new line installed . but would cross talk half a line ??? as my predicted speed on btw website was 67.5

Hmmm, I wonder if something was "disturbed" whilst connecting your neighbour's new line.

I had that a few months ago. It took 3 months to fix a dodgy joint at the pole top DP, despite reporting immediate disconnections to the engineers up the pole on 2 occasions & also to my ISP.
The engineers just denied touching my connection.

It does seem too much of a drop for it to be just crosstalk, but SOMETHING seems to be hitting your SNR values.
If it's now 80/20 at the cab, it does suggest a problem between the cab & your house.

It really is a shame you don't have any "before" stats from when your connection was performing well frown
Standard User truex360
(regular) Fri 29-Jun-12 11:12:40
Print Post

[re: Bald_Eagle1] [link to this post]

Good News ,
Engineer came back for second visit, he did

A New Cable from box to modem
New Modem
and a move within cab

Line was still only showing 50mb attainable on his last check in the duct on the pavement he found 2 issues

1. black joint Box was full of water where the line meets the main cable in the duct but his equip showed no errors
2. the cabling was split in the duct basically halving the lines attainable rate. Not sure if this was done by another engineer or an old issue which only got highlighted on 80/20

he fixed these and i am now getting full sync again so a big thanks to Steve the engineer

Aquiss 80/20 FTTC
My Broadband Speed Test
Upload is 16 smile
Standard User Stoo
(regular) Fri 29-Jun-12 14:49:01
Print Post

That's great news!

Encouraging to see good engineer service for the FTTC product smile

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Fri 29-Jun-12 16:30:12
Print Post

smile

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - Plusnet Value Fibre 80/20 trial.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Standard User truex360
(regular) Fri 29-Jun-12 16:57:09
Print Post

[re: Stoo] [link to this post]

attainable ate is now 94/30 which means i might be able to squeeze a bit more if they go to a 3rd profile so in all excellent job by engineer and v happy customer smile

Aquiss 80/20 FTTC
My Broadband Speed Test
Upload is 16 smile
Standard User philippercival
(experienced) Fri 29-Jun-12 21:17:09
Print Post

Excellent outcome and excellent service.
<cynic on>
What a pity that this is not always the case. Sad that under FTTC that they have chosen to lock down the modems to keep customers in the dark and the standard way of operating still tends towards "well you are getting at least our minimum service" (set by us) so we are not interested, despite the fact that you have paid for a much faster product. This was true under ADSL max and is just as true under FTTC. unfortunately if you can obtain the minimum it is often the case that they do not examine your case fully. Sadly, which makes it worse, I suspect that the vast majority of users actually have no idea of whether or not they areontaining what they are paying for.
<cynic off>

Standard User StephenTodd
(member) Fri 29-Jun-12 21:22:44
Print Post

[re: philippercival] [link to this post]

I am afraid your broadband missed the <cynic off> part of the last transmission; your are now in an infinite contract for <cynic on>.

--
Moved (with trepidation) to BT Infinity 2 for upload speed. Happy BE user for several years.
Standard User philippercival
(experienced) Fri 29-Jun-12 21:35:00
Print Post

[re: StephenTodd] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by StephenTodd:
I am afraid your broadband missed the <cynic off> part of the last transmission; your are now in an infinite contract for <cynic on>.

Probably true anyway, now about those typos can I blame that on Openreach as well.

Standard User D_an_W
(committed) Fri 29-Jun-12 21:35:37
Print Post

Glad you got it all sorted, would be nice to get those checks done without jumping through all those hoops though!

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to