General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User HarpingOn
(newbie) Thu 12-Jul-12 14:30:30
Print Post

Re: Pegswood FTTC

[re: R0NSKI] [link to this post]

Been checking the wholesale checker every day, for information on my cabinet (NE616TN), and suddenly, today, this appears:

"Your exchange is planned to have ADSL2+ by 31st December 2012. Our test also indicates that your line currently supports an estimated ADSL2+ broadband line speed of 2.5Mbps; typically the line speed would range between 1Mbps and 4Mbps."

Now, this wasn't there in the checker result yesterday, and I could immediately see a difference, but upon eagerly reading the new information, this seems depressingly dull! I hope someone's just added some wrong info!
Standard User greenglide
(committed) Thu 12-Jul-12 15:34:09
Print Post

[re: HarpingOn] [link to this post]

So presumably 21CN WBC is due then - hence the reference to ADSL2+.

If you are planned to get FTTC there should be an estimated speed and a timescale (30/09/2012) - this should have been there for ages - especially as the exchange was enabled last year.

Ex <n>ildram , been to SKY MAX - 15,225 Download
BE Unlimited - 21,000 Download 1,200 Upload ON THE LINE THAT SKY COULD ONLY PROVIDE 15,255 DOWN AND 800 UP ON!!!,
Moved house, now BE Unlimited 6,500 Down, 1Mb/s up - gutted!
FTTC Cab installation commenced 12th April - expect full 80 / 20 - bye bye BE, hello BT Infinity soon!
Standard User R0NSKI
(committed) Thu 12-Jul-12 15:42:44
Print Post

[re: greenglide] [link to this post]

The checker will not always show a date for FTTC or an estimated speed. This seems to be completely random.

I've been checking in the region of 50 cabinets on two local exchanges which are accepting orders, but none of the cabinets show when FTTC will be available or an estimated speed, some did but next time I've checked there was no mention of FTTC.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User HarpingOn
(newbie) Fri 13-Jul-12 19:38:04
Print Post

More Open Reach work in the village today. I think they were furtling with the pavement access manholes. If I'm right, they'll be looking at a location for the FTTC cab to go with PCP 12, the one in the hedge.

Because I don't see how they're going to get a FTTC cab in the hedge along side 12 smile
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Sun 15-Jul-12 00:34:38
Print Post

Thank you for the update on NE616SE smile greatly appreciated... I wait eagerly in anticipation. Where do you get that info from so I can look at that please?? if that's possible?? thanks again.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Sun 15-Jul-12 00:39:51
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

Can you post a link for BT FTTC Cabinets around BT FTTC Cabinets around Pegswood please?
Standard User R0NSKI
(committed) Sun 15-Jul-12 00:48:29
Print Post

In reply to a post by Anonymous:
Thank you for the update on NE616SE smile greatly appreciated... I wait eagerly in anticipation. Where do you get that info from so I can look at that please?? if that's possible?? thanks again.

Initial data came from leaked BT spreadsheet, then from finding all local cabinets, and then working out addresses to check against each cabinet.

Can't remember the link to the spreadsheet, it's on these forums somewhere - I downloaded a copy.

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Sun 15-Jul-12 00:53:53
Print Post

Ah, OK thanks - I assumed you'd know from your link "View my FTTC cabinet map for Ramsgate, Broadstairs and Margate".... thought that was pretty awesome data... thanks anyhow... great help. off to bed, night.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Sun 15-Jul-12 00:59:14
Print Post

I came across this link - Not precise however maybe it might change to an earlier date?? wishful thinking no doubt.

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Sun 15-Jul-12 01:16:19
Print Post

Also came across this one http://fttc-check.alc.im
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to