General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User R0NSKI
(committed) Sun 15-Jul-12 08:45:17
Print Post

Re: Pegswood FTTC

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Anonymous:
I came across this link - Not precise however maybe it might change to an earlier date?? wishful thinking no doubt.

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

That is the BT Wholesale checker, and is the best place to tell you if you can currently get FTTC/P, but it won't tell you when, or if you ever will. Sometimes it gives an estimated date, sometimes not. You can use your phone number (without a space) or use your postcode AND house number if not on a BT line.

In reply to a post by Anonymous:
Also came across this one http://fttc-check.alc.im

This checks your postcode against the December 2011 spreadsheet and tells you what cabinet your on, or if your on an exchange only line. It will only have postcodes that were scheduled in December 2011

Standard User HarpingOn
(newbie) Tue 17-Jul-12 22:39:49
Print Post

[re: R0NSKI] [link to this post]

Lots more Open Reach work in the village tonight. Looked like they were feeding some black tubing into the pavement manhole accesses down from P10 (the one in the hedge), just along from the bus stop.

they can dig the place up for two weeks solid if it'll speed things along...

Can only hope all of this is FTTC releated. There's lots of magic yellow paint on the pavements between hedge-cab and cookswell.

Edited by HarpingOn (Wed 18-Jul-12 07:54:13)

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Wed 18-Jul-12 23:46:38
Print Post

[re: HarpingOn] [link to this post]

Excited to see the bt openreach van opposite cookswells today!! Let's hope activatation is not too far away smile

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User HarpingOn
(newbie) Thu 19-Jul-12 07:15:13
Print Post

Tell me about it. We will need to see the companion for P10 spring up though. I can't yet see where they plan to put it even.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Thu 19-Jul-12 09:58:24
Print Post

If the van is there today I will ask what their plans are and if they can shed more light on a date or anything relating to this subject smile
Standard User HarpingOn
(newbie) Mon 23-Jul-12 00:48:36
Print Post

[re: R0NSKI] [link to this post]

Checker now shows this for my postcode, NE616TN

Your cabinet is planned to have WBC FTTC by 30th September 2012. Our test also indicates that your line currently supports a fibre technology with an estimated WBC FTTC Broadband where consumers have received downstream line speed between 32.9 to 37.2 Mbps and upstream line speed between 5.9 to 6.1 Mbps.

That doesn't show up on the wholesale checker for my number, though - only my postcode.

Should I worry?

Edited by HarpingOn (Mon 23-Jul-12 00:50:39)

ISP Representative Adsl24
(isp) Mon 23-Jul-12 18:37:39
Print Post

Do not use the Postcode checker, it will always say available as its based on the exchange, not the cabinet. You need to use the address checker to be accurate. Better still, the phone number checker.

James
Technical Director, ADSL24

We supply ADSL, ADSL2+, LLU and FTTC VDSL2 services as well as cheap line rental and bundle deals!
Visit our website for the latest offers.
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User HarpingOn
(newbie) Mon 23-Jul-12 19:23:37
Print Post

[re: Adsl24] [link to this post]

Hm. It doesn't for other post codes on our estate which are known to be exchange only, but I take the point.

I'm positive it didn't say this earlier though!
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Sun 05-Aug-12 18:28:41
Print Post

Looks like all FTTC cabinets (9, 26 and 27) in Pegswood are now live and accepting orders. I'm connected to cab 10 which is yet to have its fibre cabinet installed. www.roadworks.org is showing planned BT works at cab 10 next week so hopefully won't have long to wait until I can place my order smile
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Sat 11-Aug-12 09:54:37
Print Post

So how can I check if my number or postcode will be able to get FTTC?

I still find it hard to believe that if I have an exchange line there's nothing I can do BTW...
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to