General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User simon194
(member) Tue 21-Aug-12 21:20:54
Print Post

Re: Pegswood FTTC

[re: Kr1s69] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Kr1s69:
I'd think the time between the cabinet appearing and going live would be significantly faster given the exchange is active and so are the neighbouring cabs smile

I would count on it though.

They took around 3 months commissioning a new cabinet in my area despite the exchange being live and the other 3 cabinets in the area also being live.
Standard User jchamier
(knowledge is power) Wed 22-Aug-12 20:15:27
Print Post

[re: simon194] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by simon194:
They took around 3 months commissioning a new cabinet in my area despite the exchange being live and the other 3 cabinets in the area also being live.

My cab arrived during the day on the 18th June. Was ready for service (and I ordered) 16th August.

(Rest of area had cabs up and running for >12 months)

James be* pro (16.8/1.2) - Ordered Sky Fibre Pro 45.6/6.5 - 4th sept
13 years of broadband - ntl:cablemodem/BTbusiness/metronet/bulldog/BE/Sky
BQM

Edited by jchamier (Wed 22-Aug-12 20:15:45)

Standard User HarpingOn
(learned) Mon 03-Sep-12 16:43:58
Print Post

[re: jchamier] [link to this post]

I emailed openreach about P10, and got this:

"Thank you for enquiring about fibre broadband.
When installing fibre broadband we can't necessarily install all the FTTC cabinets for delivery in the same phase. This is the case for your cab, NE/MP 10, which, along with others on Morpeth exchange, will be delivered later this year.
At this point, as we are still in the build phase and I cannot give you a date when your cab is expected to go live.
Keep monitoring our web-site which will give details."

At least this confirms that I'm actually /on/ P10, and that they are getting on with it. The lack of timescales is as infuriating as ever.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Tue 04-Sep-12 21:37:22
Print Post

[re: HarpingOn] [link to this post]

Hmm - where did you email?
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Tue 04-Sep-12 23:34:36
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

So BT ARE COMING TOMORROW to install Infinity finally... 3 weeks after requesting it and them not recognising our postcode on their infinity system even though we have both phone and broadband with them currently! Anyhow they reckon between 1pm-6pm tomorrow and we'll reach 57.8mps... I wait with baited breath smile
Standard User HarpingOn
(learned) Tue 04-Sep-12 23:48:52
Print Post

In reply to a post by Anonymous:
Hmm - where did you email?

The address from this thread:

http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/fibre/t/4148121-re-...
Standard User HarpingOn
(learned) Tue 04-Sep-12 23:49:48
Print Post

So BT ARE COMING TOMORROW to install Infinity finally... 3 weeks after requesting it and them not recognising our postcode on their infinity system even though we have both phone and broadband with them currently! Anyhow they reckon between 1pm-6pm tomorrow and we'll reach 57.8mps... I wait with baited breath smile

Amazing. Let us know how it goes!
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Wed 05-Sep-12 23:26:00
Print Post

Fantastic - we have infinity smile so pleased! They came at about 4pm today and were here about half an hour installing it. Apparently to the house we get 80mbps however we run wirelessly so we are so far experiencing 21.4Mbps which is great. Anything is better than 1-2mbps right!? Hope you get yours soon smile
Standard User HarpingOn
(learned) Thu 06-Sep-12 22:45:31
Print Post

Fantastic - we have infinity smile so pleased! They came at about 4pm today and were here about half an hour installing it. Apparently to the house we get 80mbps however we run wirelessly so we are so far experiencing 21.4Mbps which is great. Anything is better than 1-2mbps right!? Hope you get yours soon smile

Superb!

I'm quite a long way from my cabinet, so I'll likely only get in the region of 20Mb, but now I only get between 750K and 1.5M depending on 'something' so much faster still.

Cummon OR, fix up P10 smile
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Wed 26-Sep-12 21:33:51
Print Post

Hmm - according to Talk Talk:

"Superfast Fibre Broadband is planned for your area in January 2013. Register your interest and we'll contact you as soon as it becomes available.*"
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to