General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | [6] | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User HarpingOn
(learned) Wed 26-Sep-12 23:51:21
Print Post

Re: Pegswood FTTC

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Anonymous:
Hmm - according to Talk Talk:

"Superfast Fibre Broadband is planned for your area in January 2013. Register your interest and we'll contact you as soon as it becomes available.*"

That really sucks, as I've seen OR working on the one remaining cab (Mine!) twice last week.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Fri 28-Sep-12 17:44:02
Print Post

[re: HarpingOn] [link to this post]

Really helpful reply from BT

You are served by a cabinet and you do *not* have a direct line to the exchange.

FTTC Ready for service date: 2012-12-31

Predicted speeds,

Upstream bandwidth: 6Mbit/s
Downstream bandwidth: 34.6Mbit/s

PCP/Cab Id: 10
Standard User HarpingOn
(learned) Sat 29-Sep-12 16:25:32
Print Post

I'm going to confine all pegswood posts to this thread from now on, we don't need 2 threads.

OR were working on P10 again this morning, but I didn't get a chance to speak to him.

Edited by HarpingOn (Sat 29-Sep-12 16:32:16)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Sat 29-Sep-12 21:34:42
Print Post

I did see two openreach engineers working on cabinet 10 on Friday for most of the day also. They appeared to be connecting copper cable between the new fttc and existing pcp cabinets. During last week openreach were also running fibre cables along from the exchange in Morpeth and up Whorral bank, not sure if they ran up to the new cabinet or not. BT seem to automatically roll the activation date back by 3 months as it comes close to the end of the quarter. Given the time it took for the other cabinets in the village to be commissioned after fibre cables had been laid and work on the cabinets had been undertaken, it hopefully wont be too long until we have a decent connection speed smile
Standard User mitchy87
(newbie) Sat 29-Sep-12 21:38:39
Print Post

In reply to a post by Anonymous:
I did see two openreach engineers working on cabinet 10 on Friday for most of the day also. They appeared to be connecting copper cable between the new fttc and existing pcp cabinets. During last week openreach were also running fibre cables along from the exchange in Morpeth and up Whorral bank, not sure if they ran up to the new cabinet or not. BT seem to automatically roll the activation date back by 3 months as it comes close to the end of the quarter. Given the time it took for the other cabinets in the village to be commissioned after fibre cables had been laid and work on the cabinets had been undertaken, it hopefully wont be too long until we have a decent connection speed smile

Just realised I hadn't signed in when posting my reply, and there are a few anon posters. Above was me!
Standard User distantdave
(learned) Tue 02-Oct-12 09:28:42
Print Post

[re: mitchy87] [link to this post]

From OpenReach via Email:

From the details given, the line quoted is connected to Morpeth cabinet NE/MP 10.

This cabinet is being enabled for FTTC and should be available to order fibre broadband in Mid-November.

(Subject to no engineering delays)

(Yay!)

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User HarpingOn
(learned) Tue 02-Oct-12 11:23:20
Print Post

[re: distantdave] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by distantdave:
From OpenReach via Email:

From the details given, the line quoted is connected to Morpeth cabinet NE/MP 10.

This cabinet is being enabled for FTTC and should be available to order fibre broadband in Mid-November.

(Subject to no engineering delays)

(Yay!)

Zounds! OR have been busy almost every day on that cabinet. Hoping it's true smile)
Standard User HarpingOn
(learned) Fri 05-Oct-12 22:46:32
Print Post

YES!

My BT Wholesale Checker page just updated tonight:

For Telephone Number 016705***** on Exchange MORPETH

Your exchange is ADSL enabled, and our initial test on your line indicates that your line should be able to have an ADSL broadband service that provides a fixed line speed up to 1Mbps. However due to the length of your line the 1Mbps service may require an engineer visit who will, where possible, supply the broadband service.

Your cabinet is planned to have WBC FTTC by 31st December 2012. Our test also indicates that your line currently supports a fibre technology with an estimated WBC FTTC Broadband where consumers have received downstream line speed of 32.9Mbps and upstream line speed of 5.9Mbps.

The actual stable line speed supportable will be determined during the first 10 days of use. This speed may change over time, to ensure line stability is maintained.

Gotta order, gotta order, gotta order smile)
Standard User HarpingOn
(learned) Fri 05-Oct-12 22:54:23
Print Post

Actually, do we know (how can we tell) which fibre operators are available from exchange NEMP ?

I think that talktalk will be, and BT. But who else? Don't think Sky do but their web page isn't clear.
Standard User Kr1s69
(knowledge is power) Sat 06-Oct-12 12:09:08
Print Post

To check sky you need to know a phone number on an enabled cabinet. Preferably a BT line rather than something unbundled by another provider.

They have LLU available at the exchange so I'd think they could offer fibre.

http://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange/nemp

Kris

Sky Fibre Unlimited
Ashington (Northumberland) Exchange
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | [6] | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to